Confidentiality Agreement

Decorating By Rendee Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 10:54pm by something_sweet

Rendee Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 4

I am just curious to know if anyone on here that has a cake business make's new employees sign confidentiality agreements in order to work at your business?

3 replies
indydebi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 4

Not at this point, I dont.

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

I don't work in a bakery, but I do work in a very competitive field. I don't know technical formulations or anything as I am an accountant. But I had to sign a confidentiality and a non-compete agreement. I wouldn't have thought that a bakery would use somethng like that, but actually, it is a fantasic idea. My non-compete agreement says that I can't work at a competing or similar company for five years. My confidentiality agreement says that I work with sensitive proprietary information and that I will not share that information with others. I could see having to sign either (or both) at a bakery.

something_sweet Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 4

I am in the process of opening a bakery, and I am seriously considering doing this. Both a confidentiality and non-compete agreement. That way if someone should leave and decide to start their own cake business, then you can take legal action.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%