Favorite Buttercream Recipe

Decorating By bakinglover Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 9:16pm by Sashat06

bakinglover Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have read through alot of posts and recipes and they are all starting to run together! I have made buttercream in the past, but it always turns out bad. Which recipe do you use? I am thinking of trying the Italian Meringue Buttercream, but I do not have a stand mixer. Will this be hard with a regular mixer? What other buttercreams should I look at? Thank you for your help. I am totally falling in love with this forum!!

4 replies
brincess_b Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 5

i do a really easy one, twice as much icing sugar as butter (ie:10oz butter, 20oz icing sugar), some milk, and flavouring. cream the butter, add the sugar, cream some more, add milk and flavours. crusts really well. takes a little elbow grease, but if ur butter is softened its not hard.
xx

eilidh Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 5

yup exactly th same as brincess-b but that is probably because we hail from the same land icon_wink.gif

bakinglover Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I will try it this weekend.

Sashat06 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 5

I found this recipe after getting sick of the yucky butter tasting recipes I've tried. I know it calls for some crisco but I just use land o lakes butter. It has a very delicious and light flavor. I use less milk when I need stiff icing. I also like to add a tablespoon or two of lemon juice to cut out some of the sweetness. It also holds up well for decorating.
Just make sure the butter is room temp!

http://therepressedpastrychef......icing.html

or just type: the repressed pastry chef buttercream icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%