Favorite Buttercream Recipe

Decorating By bakinglover Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 9:16pm by Sashat06

bakinglover Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have read through alot of posts and recipes and they are all starting to run together! I have made buttercream in the past, but it always turns out bad. Which recipe do you use? I am thinking of trying the Italian Meringue Buttercream, but I do not have a stand mixer. Will this be hard with a regular mixer? What other buttercreams should I look at? Thank you for your help. I am totally falling in love with this forum!!

4 replies
brincess_b Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 5

i do a really easy one, twice as much icing sugar as butter (ie:10oz butter, 20oz icing sugar), some milk, and flavouring. cream the butter, add the sugar, cream some more, add milk and flavours. crusts really well. takes a little elbow grease, but if ur butter is softened its not hard.

eilidh Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 5

yup exactly th same as brincess-b but that is probably because we hail from the same land icon_wink.gif

bakinglover Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I will try it this weekend.

Sashat06 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 5

I found this recipe after getting sick of the yucky butter tasting recipes I've tried. I know it calls for some crisco but I just use land o lakes butter. It has a very delicious and light flavor. I use less milk when I need stiff icing. I also like to add a tablespoon or two of lemon juice to cut out some of the sweetness. It also holds up well for decorating.
Just make sure the butter is room temp!

or just type: the repressed pastry chef buttercream icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%