Dark Brown And Black Fondant

Decorating By Kel1222 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 8:30pm by CakeMommy3

Kel1222 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

I need help coloring fondant. The last time I worked with mmf, I was aiming for a dark brown and could only reach a dark tan. I usually add a hit of cocoa to buttercream to get the dark browns and black, should I do the same with mmf? I see so many pictures with such deep, rich blacks and browns and just cant seem to get there. grrr.

2 replies
PinkZiab Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 3

I have never made MMF, but when making regular fondant, if I know I need a dark color, I find it best to add some of the color in with the liquid when making the fondant, and then it will be easier to add additional color later on.

But now I use Satin Ice and just buy it... soooooooo much simpler!

CakeMommy3 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 3

If you're using MMF, then make the chocolate recipe first. I think it calls for some melted chocolate, and some cocoa powders. It's in the recipe section. Then add the brown or black while it's all liquidy, adding a bit more than you think you need to allow for all the powdered sugar that will lighten it a bit. I make them that way, and they taste great too because you don't have to use as much. And the chocolate recipe makes it taste like a tootsie roll, and who doesn't like that? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%