Baking The Wasc Cake

Decorating By StellaBean Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 10:55pm by susanscakecreations

StellaBean Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 6

I'm new.. and pretty new to baking anything other than pillsbury. I'm making my way through the site and there's a LOT here to take in.

I'm dying to try the White Almond Sour Cream Cake but I can't find a guideline for baking times. I'm likely going to have to halve the recipe and bake in two 8 inch pans since I don't have anything larger than 10 inch. I know how to tell when it's done, but I have no light in my oven and need a time ballpark.

**I did use Indydebi's buttercream yesterday and got the highest compliment .... DH asked if his mother had made it.. lol

5 replies
zoomzone Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 6

the recipe can easily be cut in half and 2 8 in pans should be just fine- make sure not to overfill.

Here is a link to the "original recipe" which is slightly different from Rebecca
Sutterby.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584319-wasc.html

There are tips in the thread and baking the 2 versions are very similar.

StellaBean Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 6

ahhh! Thank you Thank you!

susanscakecreations Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 6

I made the WASC last night! I halved the recipe, used 8 inch pans, and it took a good 45 minutes for them to be done...........I checked it after 30 minutes, and it was still a little 'jiggly'........so I left it for about 15 more minutes, and they were PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!! You will love the WASC!!!

StellaBean Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 6

Did you change the bake temp... 300 for 20 min then 325 (like in the WASC thread)? or did you bake at one temp?

susanscakecreations Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, I baked it at 300, then turned up later...................

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%