Baking The Wasc Cake

Decorating By StellaBean Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 10:55pm by susanscakecreations

StellaBean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StellaBean Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 6

I'm new.. and pretty new to baking anything other than pillsbury. I'm making my way through the site and there's a LOT here to take in.

I'm dying to try the White Almond Sour Cream Cake but I can't find a guideline for baking times. I'm likely going to have to halve the recipe and bake in two 8 inch pans since I don't have anything larger than 10 inch. I know how to tell when it's done, but I have no light in my oven and need a time ballpark.

**I did use Indydebi's buttercream yesterday and got the highest compliment .... DH asked if his mother had made it.. lol

5 replies
zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 6

the recipe can easily be cut in half and 2 8 in pans should be just fine- make sure not to overfill.

Here is a link to the "original recipe" which is slightly different from Rebecca
Sutterby.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584319-wasc.html

There are tips in the thread and baking the 2 versions are very similar.

StellaBean Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 6

ahhh! Thank you Thank you!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 6

I made the WASC last night! I halved the recipe, used 8 inch pans, and it took a good 45 minutes for them to be done...........I checked it after 30 minutes, and it was still a little 'jiggly'........so I left it for about 15 more minutes, and they were PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!! You will love the WASC!!!

StellaBean Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 6

Did you change the bake temp... 300 for 20 min then 325 (like in the WASC thread)? or did you bake at one temp?

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, I baked it at 300, then turned up later...................

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%