Help With A Tip...

Decorating By tiffevans Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm by bobwonderbuns

tiffevans Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make grass but I dont have to tip that the book calls for and no place in my town to buy one on short there any other tip that will give me the same results???

4 replies
KHalstead Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 5

not really, unless you want to make the grass one blade at a time with a small round tip..however you might check your local grocery store in the cake mix aisle....sometimes betty crocker will have those plastic tips that come 4 in a pack for like .79 and around easter I notice my stores have the grass tip included in those sets.

CakeMommy3 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know what stores you have, but that tip is usually stocked at the craft stores. Ok sometimes I get really wacky ideas, but maybe this is worth a shot. Try to make your own tip by putting three or four pieces of foil together for strength, then wrapping it around the end of a tip coupler and poking 10-15 holes in it with a toothpick? Poke the holes from the inside so the icing won't get suck, then gently slide the foil off the end of the coupler, but the coupler in a bag and fill it, then hold the foil on the outside of it? LOL my husband is laughing so hard at me right now! Now I want to try and see if that works. Good luck!

Jaimelt76 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 5

If you have a Wal-mart they carry them. That is where I got my grass tip. Good Luck!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 5

If you cannot find the grass tip use a small #1 tip and pipe LOTS of little strings to look like grass. It will take a while but it can hold you over until you get a grass tip. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%