Hand Shaped Cookies.. Need Some Ideas

Baking By mishlove Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 4:15pm by pattycakesnj

mishlove Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 8

I am in a Mom's group and we are making T-shirts with hand prints on them of our children, and I was thinking of doing Hand Cookies. Can someone help me with how I would go about doing that. Does Michaels have a hand cookie cutter? and Any sugestions on how to decorate them? Does anyone have a pictures they could show me.

Thanks so much

Michele

7 replies
HeidiCrumbs Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 8

My Michaels does have a hand cutter, but I always thought it was kind of a wierd shape. Kind of blobby but if it's for kids maybe they wouldn't notice. I'll think about how to decorate them and post when my boys are napping.

nancyg Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 8

Hi, I do a lot of cookies in my shop. And you can find a hand cutter at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. And they come in different sizes. The quickest and easiest way I find is to mix powered sugar with water and then tint you color. Then put in a bag and outline and then thin the glaze a little more than the outline consistency and then flood the middle of the cookie with the glaze. Let dry ...

Hope this helps

Nancyg

GayeG Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 8

My Michaels has the same cutter as Heidi's - kinda wierd to me too but kidz wouldnt care!
Im not sure if youd wanna do this but one year for Mothers Day (I had a large Daycare) I actually traced the kids hands out with a toothpick right onto the dough - then cut them out with a sharp knife ... baked - then the kids decorated their OWN hands to give to their Moms ... The Mothers loved it!!
HTH!
Gaye

HeidiCrumbs Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 8

Wow Gaye, that is ambitious! I'll bet the mothers LOVED it though.

GayeG Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

Thanx Heidi - It was one of "my" favs to do! The Moms did love it! I had one Mother who refused to eat it, she loved it sooo! .. till all those little fingers started falling off .. then she said: I should have eaten it sooner! It was delish!

mishlove Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 8

What great ideas, thank you so much icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 8

This is a little more work but a little cleaner. Trace the hand on heavy cardstock, cut out and then use as a template to cut the rolled out dough. I do this with designs I find on the internet that cookie cutters don't exist for or if I need only a few cookies in the design and don't want to spend the money for a cutter. Plus, you can custom size the design on your printer before you print out. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%