Shugarshack Bow A Ribbon And Flowers And A Tassle Oh My! Pic

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 11:11pm by dreamdelights

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #31 of 64

Oh My! It's absolutely beautiful! Great details!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #32 of 64

I can't believe you don't have her video!!! Your work is so spot on to her video, I thought for sure you had it!! I am in the process of watching all of her videos, i finally got some $$ so the first thing that I did was buy all of her DVD's and some really cool tools!! I am watching the Boxes and Bows now, I also have one of those kids who insists on eating and such! haha!! She has no respect for Sharon! I certainly wouldn't interrupt someone watching a Sugarshack DVD!

Anyway - basically, what I'm saying is that your cake is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh - and how did you do the feather? A friend wants to make a replica of her derby hat for a party and it has feathers - I said - "i have no idea!" - you would totally make me a rock star if you could share your secret on that one!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #33 of 64

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

JAW DROPING

SPECTACULAR

STUNNING!

I am pea green with envy!

I LOVE this cake! BRAVO!

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #34 of 64

Oh my!!!! I've got cold chills (or chicken skin as my daughter says)!!

Sugarshack's comments...wow! The ultimate, quintessential compliment!

It's a privilege to be part of this thread!!!!!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #35 of 64

Um icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Sharon I am jumping in my chair giggling like school girl! hehe icon_lol.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMPLIMENT!!

sadsmile Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:29pm
post #36 of 64

[quote="pkinkema"]Oh my!!!! I've got cold chills (or chicken skin as my daughter says)!!

Goosey-bumps. hehe
But seriously I think Sharon would agree that she puts on her pants one leg ata time just like the rest of us. icon_wink.gif Now her icing a cake is a nother story! icon_rolleyes.gif I just have to say though that Sharon, you are a real sweetie -down to earth gal with a giving heart of gold. And I so want to come and play with some sugar in one of your classes! Someday maybe-a girl can dream can't she?

Oh yeah-DOH! I in my sleep deprived stupor misspelled your name in the post title! icon_redface.gif Sorry! hehe

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #37 of 64

Tee hee.

Ya'll are silly girls.

I am just a plain ole cake gal, just like ya'll!

But you make me smile with your comments!!!

I seriously just adore the whole "feel and style" of this cake. Seems to me that all my cakes look the same.

I'm gunna copy this as soon as I get a chance!

(But I won't claim the design as my own, I promise!)

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm
post #38 of 64

[quote="sugarshack"]

I am just a plain ole cake gal, just like ya'll!

quote]

Cool! I'm gonna add that underneath my signature line! (And let's see if ANYONE believes it!) icon_biggrin.gif

We all need our heros. So Sugarshack, stay on your pedestal and enjoy it!

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #39 of 64

love it!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:10pm
post #40 of 64

When I scrolled down to look at your pic, I thought to myself that it would be a pretty, cool cake. Then I saw it! I physically jumped! It's absolutely stunning. Wow, remarkable.....thanks for sharing!

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:22pm
post #41 of 64

Fantastically, stunning, perfect, beautiful cake!! Great job!

Not that I'm anywhere near your league (or Sharon's!) - but I noticed your saying your hand was sore - and, I just learned last weekend (because my hand was killing me try to use the small extruder for fondant) that after you put the fondant it - pop the whole extruder into in the microwave for 5 seconds (no more) - and it comes out like a dream - easy peasy. You just have to let it sit for 30 seconds or so to cool before you try to handle it. Oh - but my extruder is plastic - I don't know if you could do that with a metal one.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #42 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

Fantastically, stunning, perfect, beautiful cake!! Great job!

Not that I'm anywhere near your league (or Sharon's!) - but I noticed your saying your hand was sore - and, I just learned last weekend (because my hand was killing me try to use the small extruder for fondant) that after you put the fondant it - pop the whole extruder into in the microwave for 5 seconds (no more) - and it comes out like a dream - easy peasy. You just have to let it sit for 30 seconds or so to cool before you try to handle it. Oh - but my extruder is plastic - I don't know if you could do that with a metal one.

Can I ask where you got your extruder? I was thinking about ordering the one on Sharon's website but I don't know if that's plastic or not. I will tell you this, last weekend I was in a class with Carrie Biggers at the NCACS and people were saying that if you have a newer microwave (3 years or younger) you can put the stainles bowl in to nuke RI (it may have b een something other than the RI) in for 30 seconds. About half of the class agreed this could be done but mine is attached to the oven which came with the house which is about 8 years old. Sorry to babble and to hi-jack the thread.

To the OP: I am in total awe. It is absolutely stunning. I cannot believe you did this without the dvd. You are really an excellent cake artist. thumbs_up.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:44pm
post #43 of 64

YIKESSSSS!!!!, ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY OUTSTANDING AND JAW DROPPING...(sorry, I'm not yelling just shocked)....Wow, I'm a begginer so I bow my humble head to you master...you rock!!!
Clap, clap, clap ---standing ovation----

Maybe, in my next life I'd be able to do something close to that...maybe icon_smile.gif

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #44 of 64

I actually have a smallish plastic extruder that I bought from the sculpey clay section of Michaels. I just sanitized it and only use it for fondant. (And - hope this doesn't get me in trouble on here - I'm assuming that it's food safe.) It was very inexpensive - under $10.00.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:41pm
post #45 of 64

You did an amazing job on this cake! I love it.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #46 of 64

gorgeous work! i love the colors and the whole look and feel of everything. just wow!!!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #47 of 64

Gosh, you must be so proud! It's absolutely beautiful...one of those cakes nobody will want to cut!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:47pm
post #48 of 64

Your cake is absolutely beautiful amazingly so!!!!!!!!!!!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:52pm
post #49 of 64

beautiful

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:21am
post #50 of 64

Looks like Sugarshack has some serious competition going on!! icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:51am
post #51 of 64

Thank you soo much for your complimets! icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Mr. Wonderbuns! ...hehe let's see Sharon has a sucessfull busness and teaches and sells teaching DVD's while I on the other hand am a home baker who has made less cake then you can count on both hands...LOL I'd say that's is no competition. icon_rolleyes.gif I can dream though.

icon_eek.gif OMGosh don't put me opposite the ring of Sharon the Sugarshack Champion! My piping bag will burst a seam! LOL

Hey Sharon, put up your dukes girly! icon_cool.gif JK ..ROFLMBO!

Would ya settle for a hug? Or would that be to much excitment for you Mr. wonderbuns? icon_twisted.gif Girl on girl action with icing on top. HA! icon_lol.gif

Country_girrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Country_girrl Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:49pm
post #52 of 64

That is BEAUTIFUL! I am working to reach your level of expertise, and it is cakes like that, that inspire me to do more. THANK YOU!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #53 of 64

Sadsmile

Your cake is breathtaking icon_eek.gif

I am so impressed because it is not only technically impressive but also completely original.

You talked about trying to create a whole vignette. Can I ask what was the inspiration for your cake?

I'm asking cause I'm not terribly original in my designs and I wonder what how people come up with such iinspiration.

BTW did you really eat it? icon_lol.gif

gringa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gringa Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:18pm
post #54 of 64

Absolutley exquisite!!!

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:42pm
post #55 of 64

It's all been said so I try not to go oozing all over my keyboard with my intense LOVE for this cake! And all while meeting the demands of the little ones (that's what makes the process soooo much longer!). I've had many a neglectful day myself coupled with some llllaaaate nights but I have NEVER - NOT EVER - come close to creating something like THIS!!! It's artwork!

All I can do is shake my head! One of those rare beauty's that leave you without words or sense enough to wipe the drool from your chin before it puddles in your lap (great, now it looks like I've peed on myself - or wait! Maybe I did! D$&* you and that gorgeous cake!!!! icon_lol.gif )

What would someone charge for a cake like this. I'm an at home mom/baker/decorator too so have no concept of what to charge for my cakes. Any more experienced bakers have a range??? I'm so curious.

Bravo!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

mmelyss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmelyss Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:06pm
post #56 of 64

OMG!!! it is quite a piece of art!!! Probably the most beautiful cake I will ever come across!!!

Someday I might try my hand at this!!!

By the way your translation is ok!! You might have spelt ''jamais'' wrong but i'm not sure I can't see clearely icon_wink.gif

sadsmile Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:10pm
post #57 of 64

Ahhh ... icon_redface.gif Tanka tanka!
Nannie(that's what I have lovingly called my grandma since I was a small child) After the my last couple of cakes I picked them apart and found the feeling I was trying to covey was not comming across. So I literally went to the drawing board and sketched out my ideas for my next cake(the Supergirl!) complete with side notes on boarder details..ect. I planned the whole thing out and colored in with crayons to test it out. I allowed myself time before backing to work on the gumpaste things that could be ready and waiting for assembly time. That made things go really smooth! I kept thinking about it and kept coming up with more details like the cryptonight and fancy sparkles and baroque molded peices. after the finish I desided that this is the way for me to work from now on! icon_cool.gif
I did the same thing for this cake with my heart behind it and finally said what the hay and I'd throw myself into it and and go crazy overboard. I started sketching a present because I have admired Sugarshack's boxes and wanted to add one to my slowly growing portfolio. So I sketched and thought for a couple days and kept adding things. I searched on google images for inspiration and saved picks with things I loved. icon_cool.gif
I have a passion for interior design and often will often peruse mags and pictures in line for rooms and I love the feeling that the total package gives you.
I AM A HOPELESS ROMANTIC! And that comes in handy...LOL icon_lol.gif
I also love things that are A-symetrical but are also slightly balanced. thumbs_up.gif

CakeDiosa You had me laughing!!!! icon_lol.gif That's great. You have a gift for gab girl! I am also a home baker and wonder about pricing... hmmmm what could I get for a little couture cake like this? icon_rolleyes.gif It is on the small side but ya know...? Now you have me wondering. icon_razz.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:18pm
post #58 of 64

I went and looked at "supergirl" icon_eek.gif

what's interesting is that having looked a both cakes, I can see that you've developed your own "style". That is a difficult thing to do and you should be very proud of yourself.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #59 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Funny I made this a as a surprize for my hubby because he didn't get any cake last weekend-that he asked for. I wasn't finished with it when he got home but was in the home stretch with sp all over me and my hair all back in a pony and head wrap..LOL what a sight I was and he brought me roses as a surprise. Ahh love....

Sadsmile, your sugar creation is truly beautiful beyond words, and....I think the fact that you put all that time and effort into a cake for your sweet husband is the best part! icon_biggrin.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:17pm
post #60 of 64

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif WOWWWW!!!!!!!!! Your cake is jaw dropping stunning!!!! You did a prefect job on it! I love love your design and your decorating skills are amazing thumbs_up.gif

You should be so very proud of yourself and of your cake...and so better your DH icon_biggrin.gif I love the look of this cake, beautiful, outstanding, amazing, wonderful, jaw dropping, mind blowing, eye popping.....hehehe, I could go on and on.

Can't help but love Sharon and her work. People like her and others who share, infomation, tips, pics, recipes, videos and put out dvd's...are such a great and wonderful help to other caker's. They not only do all that, but they can cause us to have such a feeling of pride in something that we do/learn by their giving and sharing. I love her dvd's thumbs_up.gif

Again, your cake is a beautiful piece of art!!! I am doing the Sugarshack Cha Cha Cha for you girl icon_biggrin.gif Now a question for you...have you cut it yet?, if so I hope is wasn't to painful icon_smile.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%