Cheesecake Flavored Cake

Decorating By Sweet_Cakes Updated 19 Jul 2012 , 8:34pm by heartsnsync

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 11

Ok, I know that I have asked this before, but I really didn't get what I was looking for so I decided to post with a little more information. My brother absolutely loves my strawberry cheesecake. For his birthday cake he has asked me to create him a cake that has a flavor of strawberry cheesecake.

I have thought of using a simple white cake, and swirling cheesecake mix and strawberry glaze throughout the cake, but I'm not quite sure how that will turn out.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

10 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not quite sure but heres someting that comes to mine

Maybe put Layers of white cake, cream cheese frosting, buttercream with strawberry. Also, bits of graham crackers might help if you sprinkle some and hope that it doesn't get soggy. I am not quite sure how this would turn out but it doesn't seem that bad. I think I will be trying this.. but then again I believe cream cheese should be refrigerated.

Sweet_Cakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 11

I wonder what would happen if I were to take a no-bake cheesecake mix, and mix it up, swirl it in the cake batter (not mixing it completely) and baking it. I wonder if it would mess up the cake...I guess it's worth a try...

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 11

That sounds great. Trying doesn't hurt right? keep me posted.. I would love to give that a shot.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 11

You could bake your cake and use a strawberry cheesecake as your center layer giving him a 3 layer cake, or make a strawberry cheesecake mousse filling. I have baked different chocolate cakes twice and used a cheesecake as my center layer and it was awesome. A strawberry cheesecake would be incredible with the WASC cake. Goodluck!

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:26am
post #6 of 11

I swirled raspberry puree in my cake batter and when i cut the cake it looked moldy. It turned a funny blueish color. Oh I was horrified! I don't know if it would do the same for a strawberry. What about making a strawberry cake and using creamcheese frosting for the filling and top then put fresh strawberries on that? I dunno how much that would taste like cheesecake though... Just a thought

Sweet_Cakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #7 of 11

I don't think I'm actually going to use real strawberries. I'm just going to use strawberry glaze. I would think that since glaze is most likely used in some jams, and jams are cooked, that it would be ok.

I was also trying to stay away from a three layer cake. I was going for a one layer or a two layer at the most. I really can't put strawberries or anything like that on top of the cake because he wants a certain design.

Boy, he better be glad that I love him!

Cassy1992 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassy1992 Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 10:28am
post #8 of 11

Oh my boyfriend loves strawberry cheesecake and hates chocolate so I had the idea of making a vanilla cake putting no bake cheesecake as the icing and putting strawberry glaze inbetween the layers with graham cracker sprinkled all over the icing he loved it. It was extremely simple and not to time consuming.

the_sweets_lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
the_sweets_lady Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 11:50am
post #9 of 11

I made cheese cake flavored cupcakes for my husbands birthday this year. I used my white cake recipe then added one box of chessecake flavored pudding mix. It baked perfectly! I then used a creamchesse frostin with a cherry jam swirled in it. He loved them! He took a bunch to work and all his Co workers raved about them and couldn't believe how good they where. They all asked how I made them taste like cheese cake. I hope that helps. I think the glaze would work as a filling. I have used a rasberry glaze within a filling and had no issues with mold. I hope this helped. Good luck!

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 12:26pm
post #10 of 11

don't know if this will help, but back awhile ago, Macsmom posted a thread on gourment flavors and "Cheesecake Lovers" was one of them. Someone compiled a list of her recipes in the thread - here's the link -- just scroll down the page until you find it.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

I haven't tried that particular one (have done others and they're amazing!) but it sounds really good!

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 8:34pm
post #11 of 11

You can make a cheese cake flavored cake by using some cream cheese (in place of some of the milk or sour cream) and use cheesecake pudding mix and Lorann's cheesecake oil in the batter. I make a "cheesecake lovers" cake and since I am regulated by CFL I use Lorann's cheesecake oil all the time - just ease into it and let it sit awhile as you don't want to use too much of it or it does not taste like the real thing . I just had a wedding cake tasting on Monday wherein the groom to be is a professional chef. He was going on and on about how great my cream cheese icing was on his tasting cake. icon_biggrin.gif HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%