Help With Fairy Tale Cake

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 12:57pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 6

Hi....

I am making the rehearsal cake for my son's wedding. I am wanting to do a book cake...make it look like a fairy tale book. I am wanting to know what colors I would need to use to make an antique golden look??

It's going to have a white Princess coach, and then I wanted to use an antique gold on it...I was also going to make a glass slipper?? What can I use for it to be clear?? I can't think of anything, but using white fondant and then painting with luster dusts...so it would white not clear..

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
Rhonda

5 replies
prterrell Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 6

http://www.countrykitchensa.com sells an old gold dust that looks great for that antique gold look.

The only way to do a clear glass shoe would be with pulled sugar. Not something I'm comfortable trying yet, myself. You can purchase small clear glass shoes. I know you want it all to be "edible", but I would probably "cheat" on that one element, myself.

Rhonda19 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks.... I might just " cheat " on the shoes, and " NO " I am no where near ready to try pulled sugar, (though I want to very badly!! L.O.L. !!)

As for the gold dust, I don't have time to order any.

I have " lots " of colors in the luster and pearl dusts. I am wondering if one of these might work.

Thanks for the help!
Rhonda

prterrell Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:15am
post #4 of 6

If you have a regular gold and brown, if you mix a bit of the brown in, that might work.

PinkZiab Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:23am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

http://www.countrykitchensa.com sells an old gold dust that looks great for that antique gold look.

The only way to do a clear glass shoe would be with pulled sugar. Not something I'm comfortable trying yet, myself. You can purchase small clear glass shoes. I know you want it all to be "edible", but I would probably "cheat" on that one element, myself.

Actually pulled sugar wouldn't be clear, but rather a satiny finish. For totally clear you would need to do poured/cast sugar or isomalt.

Rhonda19 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 6

I am too inexperienced to try pulled sugar, poured sugar...it would end up a " pulled and poured mess"!!! (LOL)

I am going to use the yellow or gold with a bit of brown, and then I guess my slipper will just have to be white. I think I am going to paint it using my White Super Pearl Luster Dust... at least that way it will shine...

( I hope this cake turns out!! )

Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%