Help!!!!! Dummy Cakes Ruined?

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm by lmn4881

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making dummy cakes for my first Bridal fair on Sunday. I had them all covered in fondant and decorated with ribbon and went to bed at 2 am. I should have known better than to leave them sitting on the table....
icon_cry.gif my little kids ( ages 4 & 5 ) got up early, snuck out and coated the tops of the cakes in buttercream. By the time I noticed what they had done the buttercream has hardened up like cement and I can't really chip it off. Can this be salvaged? I still have a million things to do and don't really want to have to start all over again!

Please help!

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 3

I have no idea if you have to start over or not, but had to tell you that I burst out laughing when I read the story! I can just see them in your kitchen, wanting to "help mommy" by making her cakes even more pretty for her! Can you imagine the conversations they were having while they 'decorated' your cakes? icon_lol.gif God luv 'em!!

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 3

I pulled it off and re did them. yes, Debi, i can just imagine what they were talking about when they did it. Professional cake decorators in the making!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%