Brush Embroidery

Decorating By Daisy1 Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 11:33pm by JenniferMI

Daisy1 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 8

Anyone have some tips on how to do brush embroidery? I tried it once and gave up but I really want to do a cake design that would look best done in embroidery.

Thanks!!

7 replies
mmelyss Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 8

Why did you gave up?? what did it look like??

Personnally I think thin icing (try to mix with piping gel) and a clean damp brush helps a lot...

When I did my mother's day display cake I had hard time with it, but I ajusted my icing consistency and got better result with more water on my brush...

The result here icon_wink.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1329764.html

Hope it helps you

JenniferMI Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 8

I'm not an expert on this subject, but I just piped this cake with royal icing and took a wet paint brush and pulled the icing inward. I worked on small areas at a time. I was very happy with the results icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif
LL

JenniferMI Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 8

closer pic icon_smile.gif
LL

Daisy1 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 8

Wow guys! Those are some truly beautiful cakes. Now I'm really inspired to try this again. I think I must have done two things wrong. I know I was working with too large of an area at a time and my icing was drying out. But looking at your cakes, I think I was using to fine of a line and didn't have enough icing to spread.

Thanks for the pics and help!

Tammy

sweetjan Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 8

I think it's called natural talent! An 'experiment' for you turns into a stunning work of art! Congratulations, and it really is gorgeous!
I can only dream--------

Cakeonista Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:56pm
post #7 of 8

Can I ask if you draw on the cake first, or is it all freehand design??? Thats the problem i am having. My flowers do not look cnsistent and uniform, and the shapes are not right.

JenniferMI Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 8

It really all depends what I am working on, whether I do freehand or draw on the cake. If I draw on the cake, I tend to use a pin to etch the design or make a paper template and trace that. I think with this cake I just winged it....

If anyone has questions, I'm happy to try and help! You can e-mail me, too

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%