Copper Dragees/dust And Best Mail Order Sites?

Decorating By allie73 Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 5:30pm by pipe-dreams

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 2

I am doing a cake in a few weeks and I need some metallic powders - gold, copper, silver, maybe even burgundy. What are the best ones that will really give me a sparkle?

Also, what site has the best prices and such on dragees, and do copper-colored dragees exist?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

1 reply
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 2

I bought a bunch of sparkle luster dust, and it was really cute on butterflies. I only did a light coat though. I bought a "set" from cakes by sam.com(without spaces). It was pretty cheap, and delivery was SUPER fast.
I also have to say, I love ordering from fondantsource.com They are very friendly, and have the lowest prices on almost everything they sell. If they are out of stock, just call Brian(his number is on the site), and he will tell you when it will be back in stock, and will put some aside for you when they get in. Also have very fast shipping, and if you enter cakecentral in the coupon section, you get 10% off. Oh, the only down side is that you have to be home for delivery..they don't just drop it off on your doorstep. (I guess that could be a good thing!) But it comes with a tracking number, so you know when it will be there.
As far as the copper dragees, IDK...but you can look on his website, or even ask him(fondant source) if he can get some for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%