Looking To Impress

Baking By JayRaye Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 6:25pm by prterrell

JayRaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayRaye Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 2

I am looking for a "blow your socks off cake". I'm making a birthday cake for my husband and some of his old friends. I'd like one that is super moist cake, with a delicious filling.

I really want to impress him! It really doesn't matter what flavor or filling as long as it's a GREAT combo. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 reply
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 2

Here are 5 of my favorite cakes. Hope youre DH has a wonderful birthday!

Lemon Raspberry Cake
Lemon cake baked in 3 layers. Torte. Fill between the torted sections with seedless rasperry jam. Fill between the layers with lemon curd. (So 3 layers of jam and 2 of curd). Ice with raspberry IMBC. Garnish with fresh raspberries and curls of lemon zest.

Chocolate Espresso Cake
Chocolate cake baked in 3 layers. Torte. Brush with coffee syrup. Fill between the torted sections with a thin layer of dark chocolate ganaceh. Fill between the layers with espresso mousse. (So 3 layers of ganache and 2 of mousse). Ice with Chocolate IMBC. Top with a coffee glaze. Garnish with dark chocolate curls and chocolate covered espresso beans.

Watergate Cake
WASC baked in 3 layers. Torte. Fill with Watergate salad. Ice with stabilized whipped cream. Coat sides only with mixture of toasted chopped pistachios and almonds. Pipe rosettes on top and place a maraschino cherry on each.

Sicilian Delight Cake
WASC baked in 3 layers. Torte. Brush with simple syrup mixed with Amaretto. Fill between torted sections with thin layer of dark chocolate ganache Fill between layers with mixture of: 1/2 cup each grated dark chocolate, toasted chopped almonds, and chopped maraschino cherries folded into 1-1/2 cups stablized whipped cream and 1/4 cup Marsala wine. (So 3 layers of ganache and 2 of mixture). Ice with stablized whipped cream. Coat sides in grated dark chocolate and toasted chopped almonds. Pipe rosettes on top and place a maraschino cherry on each.

Banana Split Cake
WASC baked in 3 layers. Torte. Fill in this order: chocolate ganache, banana cream [macerate 2 bananas in mixture of 1 c lemon juice and 1/3 c sugar for 1 hour, drain and fold into faux bavarian cream (1 c whole milk blended w/ 1 pkg vanilla instant pudding, fold into 1 container cool whip)], pineapple sundae topping, bunana cream, fresh sliced strawberries mixed with strawberry gel (the kind used for pies). Ice with stabilized whipped cream. Coat sides with toasted chopped almonds. Pipe rosettes on top and place a maraschino cherry on each.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%