Kids Choice Awards Themed Cupcakes

Baking By vonnie99 Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 12:10pm by vonnie99

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:15am
post #1 of 6

Good morning all! My nephew is having a sleep over this Saturday for the Nick Kids Choice Awards and wants to make something "slimy" as a treat for his guests, since they "slime" celebs during the show. I'm thinking of doing green cupcakes, with green frosting and filling them with vanilla pudding (dyed green) - are there any tips for filling cupcakes with pudding? I've never tried it before! Does any one have any better, slimier ideas?
Thanks!

5 replies
EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 6

I have no idea how to do any fillings, yet. How did it go and do you have any pictures of your creations, I'd love to see! icon_biggrin.gif

WarLilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarLilly Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 6

A bismark tip

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 6

To fill my cupcakes with buttercream i have just used a large round tip attached to my bag. Push the tip as far as you can go down, without touching the bottom of the cupcake. Push gently, slowly lifting out the tip as it fills. Be careful not to overfill or the cupcake will crack. HTH

ETA..slimier filling...i bet a green colored piping gel would do the trick, but i dunno if i would want to eat a cupcake filled with piping gel. icon_smile.gif Kids however would probably eat it just for the gross factor.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 6

Use a Wilton tip 230, it is perfect for filling cupcakes, long and narrow.

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:10pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks!
We used the bismark tip to do the filling - green pudding- and the grass tip to do the green frosting. They looked like cupcakes that got caught in a slime attack! My nephew and his friends were very happy with them - I think anything that hints at being gross is a winner with little boys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%