Whoopie Pies The New Cupcake

Business By maryjsgirl Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 5:32pm by cupcakeatheart

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:48am
post #421 of 425

They are still hot. My red velvet whoopies sell out every day.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 6:12am
post #422 of 425

Does all the middle squish out when you bite them? Is there any way to make them fancier?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 2:46pm
post #423 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

Does all the middle squish out when you bite them? Is there any way to make them fancier?

I just made my first batch yesterday. Pumpkin with cream cheese frosting. I couldn't wait too long to try them and yes, the frosting did squeeze out a bit. But then my hubby had one when he got home a few hours later and they didn't ooze then. So I think the frosting just needs to set up a bit.

you could make them fancier by rolling the exposed icing in some kind of topping, like nuts, coconut, chocolate shavings, sparkling sugar, etc. Maybe pipe a little scroll or something on the top cookie?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 4:34pm
post #424 of 425

I was thinking of making a test batch for my husband's work. I rarely make them anything anymore, I used to all the time. I want to make the whipped filling hat is similar to bettercream. I am thinking that it is all going to squish right out, unless they are frozen!

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:32pm
post #425 of 425

Has anyone seen the whoopies that have a twisted frosting in the middle? How do they do that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%