Help! Can You Freeze...

Decorating By mariela_ms Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm by -Tubbs

mariela_ms Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:57am
post #1 of 8

a gluten free cake (from box mix)???

My friend's wedding is this saturday, and I am making her wedding cake. Her fiance has to have a gluten free cake, so I made one from a box mix that he recommended (chocolate, really good btw).

My question is, I always freeze my cakes, I feel they taste better that. I've never made a gluten free cake before. Can I freeze it too? Is there any difference than freezing a regular cake?

I made them today and I just realize I didn't know the answer to this!

Please help! icon_redface.gif

Thanks in advance!

7 replies
mariela_ms Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:50am
post #2 of 8

mariela_ms Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 8

Bump--- 35 views, no answer? please anyone have any idea?!

kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 8

Sorry another 'view' w/no answer for you. I know nothing about gluten free icon_sad.gif

I think I would not fz it and just keep it well wrapped for the few days until the cake is finished.

mariela_ms Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you for your help! I think I'll do that. I've never made a gluten free cake... I tried the scraps was good, not as sweet but chocolaty. THank you!

-Tubbs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 8

I tend to think pretty much anything can be frozen, as long as it's properly wrapped and defrosted carefully. Why would you think a gluten free cake would react badly?

mariela_ms Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 8

TubbsCookies- I don't know why I would think that, lol. That shows you how unfamiliar I am with gluten free cooking/baking. First time doing it.

I think I will freeze it. You are right...why wouldn't it work?! I just don't want to mess it up you know, since it's the only cake the groom will able to have at wedding, top 6 in tier. He wanted vanilla but grocery store only had chocolate, so he is not even getting the flavor he wanted. He knows though that I got him chocolate and said that was fine.

You know those boxes are almost $5 each! lol's and they are only for 1-9" layer cake or 12 cupcakes.

Cross you fingers for me, they are going in the freezer right now icon_wink.gif!

-Tubbs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 8

Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%