Royal Icing Question..........

Decorating By littlecake Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm by Cakepro

littlecake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:52am
post #1 of 8

i never used it before, i got some royal mix awhile back from ck i need to do some to the bowl and beaters to make sure no grease is on it?...they have been thru the i need to rinse them with vinegar or something?

i hope i can do it would be great to have some stuff made ahead of time.

7 replies
CakeMommy3 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:06am
post #2 of 8

as long as you ran it through the dishwasher it should be fine. Just make sure not to use any plastic bowls to store it in unless they are brand new. Good luck, I really love royal icing icon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 8

When making anything with egg whites, meringue, IMNC, or RI, I always wipe down the bowl and beaters with a paper towel dampened with white vinegar just for that extra insurance.

kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 8

Yup......what they ^^^^^^ said icon_smile.gif

handymama Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 8

Along the same line...can RI be frozen? I always end up throwing part of it out because I don't usually need a lot.

Cakepro Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 8

Nah, don't freeze your RI...refrigerate it.

I keep mine for months on end in the fridge in a well-sealed Pyrex (glass) storage bowl.

I keep it on hand because that's what I use for assembling bows and only need a few tablespoons at a time. icon_smile.gif

handymama Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 8

Months??? You use meringue powder? And it doesn't spoil?

Cakepro Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm
post #8 of 8

Yes, I use meringue powder, and no, it doesn't spoil. icon_smile.gif

It only has three ingredients: sugar, water, and pasteurized egg whites. There's really nothing in it that would spoil, especially under refrigeration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%