Butter Cream Transfer And Whipped Cream Icing

Decorating By angellang Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm by prterrell

angellang Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 2

I was hoping someone had a really good buttercream transfer. I have read and I am so iffy about trying one. And also does anyone have a whipped cream icing recipe that is strong enough for roses and other flowers. And if anyone has a good choclate recipes for icings good enough to make flowers with etc. I would be very thankful

1 reply
prterrell Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by angellang

I was hoping someone had a really good buttercream transfer. I have read and I am so iffy about trying one.

Sorry? icon_confused.gif Not sure what you are asking here. Are you wanting a buttercream recipe that can be used to make a FBCT? If so, any BC recipe can be used with this technique. I personally use IMBC exclusively.

Quote:

And also does anyone have a whipped cream icing recipe that is strong enough for roses and other flowers.

According to Rose Levy Berenbaum, if you make whipped cream in the food processor instead of the mixer, it will be dense enough to pipe with for borders. No real whipped cream, no matter how densely whipped or how stabilized is going to make good flowers. For that you'll need a whipped topping type icing like Kroger uses (yuck!). Personally, I'd just ice the cake with whipped cream and then deco with buttercream.

Quote:

And if anyone has a good choclate recipes for icings good enough to make flowers with etc. I would be very thankful

Chocolate BC is easy, you just add cooled, melted unsweetened chocolate to your favorite BC recipe. The more you add, the richer the chocolate flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%