Most Controversial Topic Ever!

Lounge By miss-tiff Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 4:18pm by helloIamSM

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:46pm
post #181 of 430
Quote:
Quote:

="Idreamofcakes"]Oh Edna be honest, your the one who taught me to lick my tips every time I pull it away from the cake! The frosting sticks to the cake better that way remember?

I always said to clean your tips before you piped and after, I just didnt say how!
Edna :lol

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:52pm
post #182 of 430

So...is piping gel better than spit?

Edna icon_lol.gif

PS: that even grossed me out... icon_lol.gif

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #183 of 430

What's with all this talk of washing your piping tips? Everyone knows that you leave the frosting remains in them long enough to start rotting away at the metal. And the bits of metal and rust that come off with the frosting? Extra iron and calcium!

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:34pm
post #184 of 430

You all are too funny! I must admit though, I have the best counter/table/floor/dish scrubber ever invented. The cleaning part is right at counter/table height! All you have to do is call "HOOVER!!" and the dog will come running and lick everything right up. Who needs a mop when that tongue can get everything off? Spotless, I swear! So what if that giant fluffy tail is swinging all over? It adds fiber or something right?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:37pm
post #185 of 430

Very funny thread you guys, I'm sorry I had to work today and miss this.

I figured I'd post this question here since there are so many of you posting and you'd see it quicker.

Does anyone know why "Chutzpah's" screen name is now showing up as "unregistered"? Usually this happens when the account has been terminated.

Check out this thread, scroll down to her post and notice under her name that it say "unregistered"

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-622822-.html

I wonder what is going on icon_confused.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm
post #186 of 430

Doesn't unregistered mean "Banned"? Did she used to be Mezzaluna?

BTW-on the other thread, Bronwen just posted why she is against home bakeries. Check it out if you are interested-I thought it was a good read. (Just keep in mind that they are reading the responses on here, so you might want to be careful if you say anything.) http://www.bronwenweber.blogspot.com/

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #187 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Doesn't unregistered mean "Banned"? Did she used to be Mezzaluna?

BTW-on the other thread, Bronwen just posted why she is against home bakeries. Chec.k it out if you are interested-I thought it was a good read. (Just keep in mind that they are reading the responses on here, so you might want to be careful if you say anything.) http://www.bronwenweber.blogspot.com/

You're right summernoelle that's what I was thinking but I couldn't think of the word "banned"..........it's been a long day icon_rolleyes.gif I don't think I was here during the "Mezzaluna" days. The funny thing is I read her lasts posts and it didn't seem like anything was that out of the ordinary for Chutzpah.

Thanks for that link I'll check it out.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #188 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by amielyn

So, I have to add a question here - If I use a cake mix, while scratching my butt, can I call it a scratch cake?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That was a big Burst Out Loud Laughing one!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #189 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

icon_sad.gif So I have a few confessions to make...since all of you psychos are admitting your issues, I might as well too...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Your whole post had me cracking up!! I bow to the newest and greatest comedian caker on here!!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:05pm
post #190 of 430

The main reason I wondered if it was the same person as Mezzaluna was because they had similar themes to their avatars and tag/signature lines that would rub some the wrong way. I hope she wasn't banned, I kind of liked her brashness. icon_lol.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #191 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

The main reason I wondered if it was the same person as Mezzaluna was because they had similar themes to their avatars and tag/signature lines that would rub some the wrong way. I hope she wasn't banned, I kind of liked her brashness. icon_lol.gif

Not sure who Mezzaluna is... but I REALLY hope Chutzpah is still around, she always makes me laugh!

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:29pm
post #192 of 430

I have just found this thread!

Thank you all for your kind advice and words of wisdom. I bow before you.
Now I know why I cannot be among you, oh great decorators!

So much to learn in so little time... My first and last attempt at smoking was some twenty years ago. I burned my hair and decided I was to dumb to learn icon_sad.gif
I am off to find a drug dealer in our very middle class Eastern Europe town. Do you think I need to drive to our capital? Naive village girl here!

PS: Does anybody know how long will my nails need to grow to be a good decorator? And is it enough to borrow the cats from a friend or do I need to own some?

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:32pm
post #193 of 430

did you guys miss my question?

I'd like to know if I can now pass out business cards?

hehe

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #194 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

hehe

Only if you're unlicensed!!!!!!

sarahokie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahokie Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #195 of 430

Haven't we all had to take a "laundry" break while doing a cake. And of course the counter is so convienient....but then the phone rings and we have to answer....and spill the "bleach"...right into the buttercream?

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #196 of 430

Shoot i've known of some that don't even stop doing the "laundry" while makeing cake, frosting, and answering the phone. One of them even prefers the "bleach" in their buttercream for flavor instead of that cream bouquet.

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #197 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahokie

Haven't we all had to take a "laundry" break while doing a cake. And of course the counter is so convienient....but then the phone rings and we have to answer....and spill the "bleach"...right into the buttercream?

AHA!!! A lurker! You've outed yourself now! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:44pm
post #198 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Shoot i've known of some that don't even stop doing the "laundry" while makeing cake, frosting, and answering the phone. One of them even prefers the "bleach" in their buttercream for flavor instead of that cream bouquet.

That's MY personal fav! Way better than Creme Bouquet! Mmmmm..... Tasty!!!! shhh.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #199 of 430

Can anyone help me over at this thread...pretty please!!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6312520.html#6312520

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:11pm
post #200 of 430

am I missing it or did the consumer safety thread get deleted?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:16pm
post #201 of 430

Does anyone think there's an issue with me loosing the mouse I was defrosting on the same counter I was mixing a cake up?

And iguana droppings make far better flavoring than cat hair.

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #202 of 430

I don't see any problem with it, but you might want to put it through a blender first. Get all those bones ground up or someone will complain that you have egg shells in you cakes...that is not the reputation you want to have! That is the kiss of death for bakers...egg shells in their baked goods....eeewww!

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:25pm
post #203 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

...egg shells in their baked goods....eeewww!

And here I thought egg shells make the cake crunchy and give interesting structure? icon_redface.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:26pm
post #204 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrieg

>>scrapings from under toenails <<

I believe in the professional cake world we call that Toe Jam. icon_razz.gif

LMAO

Only cake civilians (as Indy would say) call it scrapings from under toenails!!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:28pm
post #205 of 430

The Wilton fondant I purchased for this cake expired in 1988....and I bought it off the back of a truck in an alley behind the Dollar Store.....

That's fine too, right?????

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:22am
post #206 of 430

20 minutes to read the last 5 pages so sue me for forgetting to write any descriptives about my cake when I posted them...sheesh! icon_lol.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:35am
post #207 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

The Wilton fondant I purchased for this cake expired in 1988....and I bought it off the back of a truck in an alley behind the Dollar Store.....

That's fine too, right?????

Food expires??????? icon_eek.gif

Here I always thought that the bugs in my flour just added extra protein.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:50am
post #208 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

I'm laughing so hard I can't manage to be bummed that I haven't found this thread until now!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Don't tell me... you're also kneading your fondant with a cigarette in each hand and a crack pipe in your mouth. It's all about multitasking, people!

Yeah, right next to my meth set-up. icon_wink.gif

Are you two my friends (and neighbors) and just good at faking living in TX and IN?

Because we have a crack smoker and a meth lab next to the crack smoker on our street! *starts eerie music*

Carolynlovescake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:56am
post #209 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Hey, hey, hey now..... did we forget? I already patented butt scratchings... nobody else is alowd to use them anymore! I sue.... my lawyer is Larry H Parker and he'll got me 2.1 million! icon_lol.gif

You can't sue me because I'm calling my business "Butt Scratch Cakes©"

See I already copyrighted it and used it before you so there neener neener nu nu on you!

Carolynlovescake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:02am
post #210 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

hehe

Oh I saw it but chose to ignore it because you didn't search for the answer first!

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%