Most Controversial Topic Ever!

Lounge By miss-tiff Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 4:18pm by helloIamSM

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:32pm
post #151 of 430

juleebug where did you get that picture of me???? It's an old one so I'm not worried. My beard is gray now.

Who's going to notice white hair in their cakes. hahahaha

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #152 of 430

This sight rocks! I never even thought of using my fly swatter to get that impression on icing for the turkey cake!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:50pm
post #153 of 430

.......use a cake mix, while scratching my butt, can I call it a scratch cake?........
......never even thought of using my fly swatter to get that impression on icing for the turkey cake.......

Well I have to say you guys have succeded in making me laugh (LOLROTHLMBO!!!!!!) thru my tears. Thanks for lightening up my morning.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #154 of 430

I can't believe you all forgot about the inscription:

HAPY BERFDAY ANT SOAPY!

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #155 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy6250

I can't believe you all forgot about the inscription:

HAPY BERFDAY ANT SOAPY!

HeHeHeHeHe that is just too funny

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:10pm
post #156 of 430

Who needs to buy impression mats, just go through your old shoes, look for the ones that have a pretty design on the bottom. Slip them on, throw your fondant on the floor.

Then do the happy cake dance on it. Wow, you have a beautiful impression and you don't even have to clean the soles after. Throw them back in the closet till another day.

Love the "scratch cake" and "fly swatter" comments. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:57pm
post #157 of 430

I've also left impressions with whatever sweater I happen to be wearing, if it leaves a little lint behind, well then I charge extra for a "furry cake"

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:03pm
post #158 of 430

icon_sad.gif So I have a few confessions to make...since all of you psychos are admitting your issues, I might as well too...

- I'M the real Sugarshack, that Sharon lady is posing as me, I really am. I mean I steal her designs all the time and just say that "I can't remember where I saw this design" in my photo comments.

- I'm also the real Tonedna. Seriously, I even put on a fake accent just like she does (you didn't think that's how she really talks did you- come on! She's from Minnesota!).

- While I'm waiting for my BC to crust I use my time wisely by picking the blackheads on my chin. Straight spatulas have way better reflection than any mirror does and a number 4 tip is an awesome blackhead extractor.

- I don't waste time making RI, I go straight for the hot glue gun. I saw that tip on a Food Network Challenge once

- I'm a Public Health inspector. I have appointments with the following people tomorrow: Indydebi, Summernoelle, IDreamofCakes and Toodles (you know why Toodles). Have your bribe money ready in large bills or it's lights out for all of you.

- Melvira stole my method and is blackmailing me not to reveal that information. Give me back those pictures!

- Since essential oils are cheaper, I use those instead of FDA approved extracts...if someone complains that I "almost killed them", I make sure to blame the cater (good looking out huh Indydebi?)

- I love to troll around the threads and get information, but not comment in that thread because I'm too much of a wuss. Then I go start my own thread and bash the person I spied on in the other thread, but I don't use their names...great plan huh?

- I post just to raise my member status, regardless if I have anything of significance to add to the thread. I look down on anyone who has less than 100 posts. You either have a life or you're not trying hard enough.

- I have managed to offend every race, religion, culture, social class, gender and animal on the face of the earth just because it amuses me.

Whew! I feel 10 pounds lighter...oh! I also have an eating disorder...after all, all GOOD bakers are overweight.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #159 of 430

You can also throw your fondant like pizza dough up until it hit your cottage cheese ceiling for another impression... who cares if some chunks stay in the fondant... gives it more texture.

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:09pm
post #160 of 430

There you are Tita! I knew you'd have a lot to add....

BTW... if you tell anyone my secret, I'm coming after you little miss high and mighty! icon_evil.gif

Tita9499 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #161 of 430

yeah, I forgot to add that Toodles...

I talk waaaaaay too much, even on the computer. LOL!

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #162 of 430

sorry double post!

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #163 of 430

These are tried and true special add ins for frostings, either for flavor, texture, or as an extender
Phlegm
clogged drain water
barf
scrapings from under toenails
cat hair balls (must be regurgitated)

These are great for the same uses as above but for cake mixes:
Diarrhea
kitty "tootsie rolls"
water from outside drain pipes
Mary J Juana (this will have them coming back for more!)
Chimeny soot and/or ashes, please don't mistake this with ashes of a loved one
Cigarette butts and/or ashes
leftover grease from frying pan (use in place of oil called for in cake)

Please add your favorites and keep this going, I would like to pass it down to my daughter when she gets married...

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #164 of 430

It's OK Tita... we luv ya anyway! icon_razz.gif

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #165 of 430

Oh Teri- You're too much.

BTW... only add the ashes of a loved one if it's a cake for someone you really like a lot, otherwise it's chimney/cigarette ashes for you!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #166 of 430

Hey Cindy-that dog in your avatar-does he add any special ingredients to your cakes? hair? spit, etc?

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:34pm
post #167 of 430

OOOHHH my DH wants me to shave his head tonight, should I save his hair and add it to the cakes or frostings or use it for hair on my fondant figures??? Decisions decisions....sigh...

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #168 of 430

>>scrapings from under toenails <<

I believe in the professional cake world we call that Toe Jam. icon_razz.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #169 of 430

LOL I knew it had a real term!
I have a head injury and sometimes I can't remember the simplest of words I want to use! Sometimes it's really other times it makes me crazier!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #170 of 430

icon_lol.gif Tita, very funny, and you know what they say, confession is good for the soul icon_lol.gif .
So guess, I to will confess.
1. I don't reply most of time in a thread...I write a letter.
2. When I posted a cake photo, I don't write just a fews line about the cake....I write a short story.

Toolles, Thanks for that tip, great idea...I would have never thought of that. Would be a great time saver. Here are afew more wonderful tips.

1. When doing a beer bottle, why work so hard....just go through some trash cans outside of a bar. Or from a ditch along side the road.

2. When doing a 3D animal cake, don't spend all your time craving. Take a road trip and look for road kill, it could even be a family thing. With a little piping you can make it look good as new. They will be amazed at how real it looks and smells.

3. When doing things like, bees, lady bugs, butterflies...why waste your good fondant/gumpaste. Just go in your own yard and use the real things...makes your cake look more real.

And who needs BC grass, I pull it up from my own yard....roots, dirt and all. Saves me on piping bags thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #171 of 430

Hilarious!

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #172 of 430

What the heck? I just read that apparently your supposed to wash your hands after touching raw meats, chicken, and eggs?? Man they really expect a lot from us! We are just too busy to be washing our hands all the time. I mean come on, I wash them when I take a shower.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:04pm
post #173 of 430

Nope. Not buying it. You just joined in 2006 and only have 41 posts and you want us to believe you know about all of those decorating secrets? yeah right. Your story sounds fishy to me.

Nobody would do all of that and not decorate the cake board in Reynold's wrap.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Come back when you haven't taken a business course.

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #174 of 430

Hee hee!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You tell'em Ironbaker!

Yeah, Teri.... wash our hands? What's up with that? I licked mine clean yesterday!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #175 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

This sight rocks! I never even thought of using my fly swatter to get that impression on icing for the turkey cake!

Darn... I wish I had seen this sooner, I just ordered the diamond impression roller... I think I have a flyswatter around here somewhere. I think it fell behind the refrigerator a few months ago and I was too afraid of the rats to get it out...

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:58pm
post #176 of 430

ummmm. RIGHT. but can I pass out business cards anyway?

hehehe melody

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #177 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Nope. Not buying it. You just joined in 2006 and only have 41 posts and you want us to believe you know about all of those decorating secrets? yeah right. Your story sounds fishy to me.

Nobody would do all of that and not decorate the cake board in Reynold's wrap.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Come back when you haven't taken a business course.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love it! It's true, everyone should be very suspicious of me. Especially because the old lady's sister has now called me EVERY 42 MINUTES FOR THE PAST SEVEN DAYS! I have emailed her 54.3 times and told her I just won't do cupcake towers, they're just not classy enough! icon_wink.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #178 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

- I'm also the real Tonedna. Seriously, I even put on a fake accent just like she does (you didn't think that's how she really talks did you- come on! She's from Minnesota!).

You forgot to mention I run a sweatshop with a bunch of Puertorricans doing my cakes... icon_lol.gif

OH I forgot....I lick my tips before I start piping!... icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Edna icon_lol.gif

Tita9499 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:41pm
post #179 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

You forgot to mention I run a sweatshop with a bunch of Puertorricans doing my cakes... icon_lol.gif

SCORE!! I can work for Edna then! Yes!

Um, so I'm never surprised that customer is shocked when I quote her a price for an over-the-top cake. I mean the first words to me were: "I'm not looking to get people full of of cake" and "I'm not looking to spend that much, after all...it's only cake".

And did anyone here know that I can measure ingredients for, bake, cool, torte, fill, crumbcoat, ice, dowel, stack, cover in fondant, decorate with intricate lace detail, create handmade toppers, package, deliver, cut and clean up a 6 tiered cake in 2.5 seconds? Yes I can! I swear! Look at my pictures...oh wait. I don't have any loaded...my bad.

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:42pm
post #180 of 430

Oh Edna be honest, your the one who taught me to lick my tips every time I pull it away from the cake! The frosting sticks to the cake better that way remember?

And don't forget always always...use old expired eggs in your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%