A Better Alternative To Richs Bettercreme!!!!

Decorating By Monkess Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm by Monkess

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:09am
post #1 of 18

I stumbled upon this since my Bettercreme was not available. It is called Whip n Ice and it is FANTASTIC icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif The best part is that it does not have that aluminium after taste that many complain of..think heavenly vanilla ice cream.
The packaging is exactly the same and it works the same way, liquid to whip.. GREAT product.. here is the link: www.flavorright.com thumbs_up.gif

17 replies
Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:22am
post #2 of 18

Hey Monkess- Thanks for the post! Great web site. I would love to try it. Where did you buy it??

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 18

Thanks for the imfo, looks interesting icon_biggrin.gif I wonder if they sell this in cake supply shops or grocery stores.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #4 of 18

monkess where did you purchase it? i didn't see anything about where it's available on their website.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 18

I, too, would be interested in finding out where you bought it!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 18

I just called my local supply store and inquired. It's the brand they carry. Now I'm going to have to try it.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 18

it's not in my local supply store, they only carry the rich's whipped topping. the owner says that the bettercream leaves a very unpleasant taste in her mouth and won't carry it. i really don't want to use the same stuff on my cakes as walmart or sam's so that's why i was curious about this one if it's alot better.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 18

Previous threads (recommendations) on Whip 'n Ice:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599717-.html

HTH

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #9 of 18

Thanks Jan!! I've never heard of this stuff before. I'm interested to hear what others have to say about it. icon_biggrin.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 18

You know what the sad thing is... I live 10 minutes south of Buffalo, where Rich's headquarter's are, and have never tried Bettercreme! icon_surprised.gif I want to so bad, but with so many kids it's impossible for me to leave the house to go to the city and get some icon_cry.gif
I actually considered purchasing it online, but with shipping and the requirement of 3 bulk food items to be purchased it was almost $300...

(actually I haven't ruled that out, I just don't know how I'd explain to my husband why we would have to buy a 2nd freezer icon_rolleyes.gif )

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #11 of 18

If Whip n Ice is what I'm thinking of....I tried some at a cake show a few years ago and it was soooooooooooo good! It's what Carvel uses to frost their ice cream cakes (East Coast, and maybe only a New England place, lol).

YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #12 of 18

We have Carvel in Texas. I've never been to one, though. icon_redface.gif

cakesthatrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesthatrock Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #13 of 18

You can purchase Richs whip n ice at Sams for 19.63 for a very large container, I think it is 5 gallons. If you are not a member you can still buy from Sams for 10% more of the item you are buying, so that would be 1.96 more for a total of 21.59. If you live near Concord, North Carolina you can meet me at Sams and just go in with me.
Sams also sells buttercream but the name is not Richs, the name brand is Walmart/Sams and the price is 31.18 for 5 gallons.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:36pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesthatrock

You can purchase Richs whip n ice at Sams for 19.63 for a very large container, I think it is 5 gallons. If you are not a member you can still buy from Sams for 10% more of the item you are buying, so that would be 1.96 more for a total of 21.59. If you live near Concord, North Carolina you can meet me at Sams and just go in with me.
Sams also sells buttercream but the name is not Richs, the name brand is Walmart/Sams and the price is 31.18 for 5 gallons.

I live in Concord- does the Sam's in Kannapolis carry the whip'n'ice? I've never seen it in there before, but I haven't been in a while.

Thanks!

cakesthatrock Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #15 of 18

You will need to go to the bakery and ask for it. I have never seen it in the store before either. I called today and asked. I want to try the buttercream and add white chocolate or extracts. I want to play around with it, I do not want my bc to taste like Walmarts or Sams. My son hates the decorating bc.

cakesthatrock Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:14pm
post #16 of 18

I go to that Sams, was you wanting to try it also? If you like I can meet you there and we can split the container and the cost. Just let me know. Was you wanting the whip n ice or the buttercreme/buttercream?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:25pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:

You can purchase Richs whip n ice at Sams for 19.63 for a very large container, I think it is 5 gallons.

Rich's manufactures Bettercreme:
(As well as other frosting/filling/topping products.)

http://www.richs.com/product_info.cfm?catid=6159

Rich 'n Whip is manufactured Flavor Right and distributed by Instawhip Foods (and perhaps, others):

http://www.flavorright.com/products/whipnice.shtml

http://www.instantwhip.com/whipnice.asp

Quote:

Usually, the buttercream used by Sam's bakery and Wal-Mart is made by Dawn Food Products, and is called But-R-Creme:
(Similar sounding name to Bettercreme, but Rich's only frosting is Bettercreme - they don't make a buttercream.)

http://tinyurl.com/c8goyp

HTH

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm
post #18 of 18

Sorry folks-for some reason I got no updates to this post! I bought the whip n ice at a local wholesale place. It is SCRUMPTIOUS! The only bad point so far as far as decorating goes, is, it is great for boarders etc. but I did a cake with roses and they were not at all crisp. The icing is way to thich and foamy to deliver a crisp rose. Having said that is was super smooth, and most importantly tastes divine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%