David Yellow Cake Recipe

Decorating By dreamdelights Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 1:06am by wrightway777

dreamdelights Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone dried david yellow cake that is posted on the site. I am looking for moist yellow cake

5 replies
wrightway777 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 6

to me I would describe it a cross between a regular cake and a pound cake. Totally different than boxed cake texture. Doesnt rise very high. Personally I like it though. But I like to carve and is have given me trouble in the past with carving. the edges are delicate. When the cakes come out of the oven the edges may stick slightly to the sides. Gently run a knife to release it from the sides of the pan while it is cooling. Freezes well. Its worth doing a "test cake" to see if you like it.

jensenscakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 6

I tried it and just wasn't overly thrilled with it, Ive had it overflow out of the pan, both times and then it ended up with a really weird taste to it. I don't know if I'm the only one who has had this trouble, but I think I'll keep looking for a yellow cake recipie that's more foolproof.

wrightway777 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:26am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenscakes

I tried it and just wasn't overly thrilled with it, Ive had it overflow out of the pan, both times and then it ended up with a really weird taste to it. I don't know if I'm the only one who has had this trouble, but I think I'll keep looking for a yellow cake recipie that's more foolproof.

If I may troubleshoot if thats ok: Overflowed? This isnt the type to rise very high (due to wet to dry ratio of ingred - plus I've made it a lot)...what kind of flour were you using? How high did you fill your pan/s? You used tsps not TBS of baking soda right?

dreamdelights Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:22am
post #5 of 6

well I guess I will keep looking for a moist yellow cake. Thank you guys

wrightway777 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:06am
post #6 of 6

actually it is moist...honestly it is worth trying out

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%