Diamond Design

Decorating By BabyBear3 Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 1:31am by icer101

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:14am
post #1 of 6

I've seen many cakes on here with the diamond design on the side of the cake -- how do they do it?? is it a tool or what?? I would really like to try it out!!!!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #2 of 6

There are several on line places you can order one. It is a sq of plastic w/the pattern on it so all one needs to do is press it up against crusted buttercream icing to emboss the lines.
Earlene Moore sells them; I bet Global Sugar probably also does. Usually they only cost like $5.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

Can you maybe post an example? Its hard to know what your talking about when we cant see an example. It could be fondant cut outs. it could be something done in buttercream or with some tool or pattern. If you can find an example Im sure someone can tell you how to get that effect.

BabyBear3 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:21am
post #4 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1336228

this is the one that really caught my eye and made me want to try it!

BabyBear3 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 6

found it!!!!!!! Thanks ladies!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:31am
post #6 of 6

that picture looks like the diamond impression mat.. sugarshack , shows this in one of her dvds. and sells it on her site... love it.. then there is the diamond cutter/impression tool.. jennifer dontz , shows this on her dvd... and sells it on her site.. love it also.. you can get 2 different looks.. other cake sites like..globalsugarart.com.... countrykitchensa.com.. the one we can,t talk about and other cake decorating sites will have these.. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%