Scammed... Not! Thanks To You....

Lounge By tracycakes Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 1:50am by Alaskahsm

tracycakes Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 4

Thanks to the Happy Married Life posts on here, we were prepared for the phone call we got last night. We have a desk listed for sale in the paper. Last night, we got a relay call and I immediately thought "scam" but it could be legit. So, they wanted us to email the information about the desk. Well, change "cake" to "desk" and you know what we got. Thanks to you guys, I was definitely prepared for that. Someone also attempted to scan an older neighbor recently but she caught on too. I think it's a sign of the times.

3 replies
summernoelle Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #2 of 4

Yeah, these guys are the worst. They will try anything, except for taking English courses. icon_lol.gif

Franluvsfrosting Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 4

We had a motorhome for sale on craigslist one time and kept getting this kind of garbage. Like I was supposed to believe that an older $6000 motorhome was worth enough in Europe to pay to have it shipped there for resale? The thing was 32 feet long! Can you image the cost to ship something like that? Yet I was supposed to let them give me the money plus extra for my trouble (because apparently they're really nice and like to give away free money! Right.) Whatever. We parked it on a street corner and sold it in a day and got cold hard cash!

Alaskahsm Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:50am
post #4 of 4

Hmm, this is making garage sales with cash look sooo good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%