I Am Trying And I Hope It Comes Out. I Made A Tassle! Yay!

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 6:53am by Chippi

sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 12

My darling works out of town during the week and is only home on the weekends. Last week he begged and pleaded for cake and it just never happened. So my briliant plan is to suprise him with something special when he comes home on Thrusday night. It's just me here with our 4 kidoes and I am feeling the pressure! AAHHH time is ticking and I have to get a move on! I am going to attempt a present cake. I soo wish I has Sharon's Bows and Boxes DVD. So all I have to go on is the pic. icon_smile.gif So first step is forming a box lid right ...OK here I go. Wish me luck or better yet success! icon_smile.gif

11 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 12

Good Luck!!

SugarLover2 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 12

Good Luck!

I usually work from pictures too. Doesn't always come out the way I want it to, but then you get to try new things to hide the mistakes. That's what makes it really neat.

brandywinecakes Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 12

Good luck and have fun! I'm sure your husband will be happy with whatever you make for him!

sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks! I have desided on girly colors because I need to use up levft overs..LOL so it's going to be pink and green and black with gold accents. I am hoping to put a lot of details in this vision I have. I have cake in freezer getting ready to stack and ice. I have the box lid although rounded on the edges set to dry. I am making some rope and flowers. Boy tissue paper isn't easy! thats is my frustration right now! Here is the box lid and the rope. It's not too rounded is it? It is my first box lid and it will just have to do. It's kind of on the thick side too I sure hope it firms up enough!
LL

sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 12

OK so I'm a loser and have no idea on earth how to attatch two pics at the same time hehe here is the rope. The rope that is laying on top is my inspiration and the fondant rope is smooshed in between the upsidedown white flower formers because it was being naughty and needed a time out!
LL

cylstrial Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #7 of 12

Oooohh.. the top of the box looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of the cake. Good luck and lots of success on this cake!!

sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 12

I turned the rope into a tassle! I made a tassle! And I think er ah can you get high from powdered sugar? Maybe I am just excited. I fed the kids dinner and now to bed yeah more play time for me!
LL

BabeyCakey Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:55am
post #9 of 12

LOVE the rope and tassle...how did you make that?

cylstrial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #10 of 12

Your tassle looks amazing! I have to make one for a graduation party soon. You might have to give me some tips!!

sadsmile Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
post #11 of 12

Seriously guys I am just tickled pink that I am finally working my clay extruder in a good way. That tassle took some time but I was smart enough to snap a few pics during the process. I bet washing my hands taking a pic and then washing my hands several times slowed me down too. LOL I will smack it all together for you when I get a chance when are you making the grad cake?

Chippi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:53am
post #12 of 12

Your doing fabulous good luck!!! Super job on that tassle looks very real!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%