What Can I Freeze?

Decorating By Ladyfish74 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 2:17pm by Ladyfish74

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I'm starting to get really busy and want to make fillings and frostings in large quantities. Does anyone know which ones will freeze well? I do curds, cream cheese fillings, and mousses made with heavy cream and pudding mix with a little liquour mixed in. I also use the Wilton BC, IndyDebi BC, SMBC, and Cream Cheese frosting. Can you freeze ganache? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 4

Well, I'm starting to learn that pretty much anything can be frozen. Certainly all the frostings can be. Best thing is to try it - next time you make any of the above, freeze a little in a freezer bag and check on it in a week for texture, taste, colour etc. If it's all fine, you're good to go!

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4

Yes you can freeze those. I also freeze butter for my SMBC - I stock up when it goes on sale and freeze it for future use! Egg whites can also be frozen without the addition of salt or sugar. Yolks can be frozen, you need to add sugar or salt depending on what you will be using them for. Let me see if I can pull up a website on this...

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

So what do you do after thawing? Beat some, stir some, leave some alone?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%