??? About A Spring Form Pan...frustrated

Decorating By cocobean Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm by Bethkay

cocobean Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone tell me the reasons the bottom of a spring form pan has the bumps on it. The bumpy side is the side you put the crust or batter on. It makes it very hard to get the cake or cheesecake off. Does anyone own one without the bumpy bottom? icon_rolleyes.gif If your cake or cheesecake does not stick can you tell me the secret.

I have tried turning the bottom around but it doesn't really fit well that way!

3 replies
hummingbird59 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 4

I use Baker's Joy on my cake pans and they don't stick at all. I don't know the reason for the bumps, but my cakes remove easily.

terrig007 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, I actually own a smooth side one and got it at Wal-Mart. It was in a set of 3 from Wilton. If I am using the bumpy pan I put parchment paper down first. HTH.

Bethkay Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 4

When I am making cheesecakes to sell, I line the bottom of the pan with parchment before putting the crust in. After the cakes are baked, I freeze them in the pan. Once they are frozen solid, I release and remove the outside ring, flip the frozen cake over, pull off the loose bottom piece, and then peel off the parchment.

If I lose any crust at all, it is a very minimal amount, and doesn't affect the integrity of the cake at all. thumbs_up.gif

If you are making the cheesecake for your family, you can just serve it off of the removeable bottom piece, and save yourself all of the hassle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%