Is There Such A Thing?

Decorating By kellertur Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 10:58am by jen1977

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 7

Is there such a thing as coconut-pecan buttercream? I have an order for German Chocolate cake BUT she wants me to decorate with the frosting. icon_confused.gif Usually I'd use my Coconut-Pecan filling but obviously I can't pipe that stuff.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

(She wouldn't give me her phone number, so we're communicating exclusively through email which frustrates me beyond words... otherwise I'd just call her and explain).

6 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 7

I've never heard of it. I guess you could add them to your buttercream, but you wouldn't be able to decorate with it. Can you use the coconut pecan as a filling, and frost and decorate with buttercream?

kellertur Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you, and I think I'm just going to use the filling (it's for cupcakes, I forgot to mention that and probably should have posted in the cupcake thread icon_redface.gif )

Jen1977~ this is off topic, but about your avatar: Is that a cake? If so, WOW and may I ask how you did that? I've never seen anything like that before... it's really cool.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 7

I'd think you could try to flavor it with LorAnn oils or something? I don't know how you'd use the regular GC icing to decorate, so flavored BC would be my best guess.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 7

The coconut pecan is what usually goes into a German Chocolate cake, adn you definitely can't pipe with it. I'd tell her that you can ice the cupcakes with them, then maybe put a pecan on top?

kellertur Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 7

I finally tracked them down, and after explaining the issue, they decided to change to a different flavor. This is why I have EVERY customer sign their receipt (they get a copy as do I), because eventually someone is going to say: "That's not what I meant!" icon_rolleyes.gif The Fire Marshal actually suggested this at my inspection, and I embraced the idea. I keep it in my little "Adrian Monk-ish" file cabinet separated by "reg orders" and "wedding orders". I'm a safety girl.

About Lorann's Oils~ I've heard GREAT things, but are they naturally or artificially flavored? The bulk of my extracts are natural, part of what sets me apart from my competition. Does Lorann offer natural extracts too?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:58am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

Thank you, and I think I'm just going to use the filling (it's for cupcakes, I forgot to mention that and probably should have posted in the cupcake thread icon_redface.gif )

Jen1977~ this is off topic, but about your avatar: Is that a cake? If so, WOW and may I ask how you did that? I've never seen anything like that before... it's really cool.

It is a cake. It has about 230 fondant roses stuck on it. I got the idea from a Peggy Porschen book. Hers was much better, but I did get first place with mine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%