What's Your Favorite Chocolate Cookie Recipe?

Baking By foxymomma521 Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 7:40pm by aej6

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 13

My 2 year old just told me he wants choco cookies icon_biggrin.gif
Anybody have a good recipe for chocolate cookies? I'm in the mood to bake, and I usually just make chocolate chip... Any ideas?

12 replies
cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 13

Hands down, this one

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/jacques-torress-secret-chocolate-chip-cookies?autonomy_kw=Martha's%20favorite%20chocolate%20chip%20cookie%20reipe&rsc=header_5

It is the best I've made so far, and I have made a lot of them.

This is a great recipe and worth having pastry and bread flour in the house.

foxymomma521 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 13

Thank you- I've bookmarked that to make later (they look wonderful!), but today I'm looking for a chocolate cookie, not just chocolate chip... I've been googling, and I'm not finding too much 'cause it keeps giving me chocolate chip icon_biggrin.gif

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 13

Sorry, I misread the title of the post icon_redface.gif ( I guess I have them on my mind)

This is one of my favorites because you can make it several ways

Chocolate Sugar Cookies

3 squares BAKERS Unsweetened Chocolate
1 cup(2 sticks) margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Additional sugar

Microwave chocolate and butter (or margarine) in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter (or margarine) is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Stir 1 cup sugar into melted chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in egg and vanilla until completely blended. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. (If flatter, crisper cookies are desired, flatten balls with bottom of drinking glass.)
Bake to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Makes about 3 ½ dozen cookies.

Jam-Filled Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Prepare Chocolate Sugar Cookie dough as directed. Roll in finely chopped nuts in place of sugar. Make indentation in each ball; fill center with your favorite jam. Bake as directed.

Chocolate-Carmel Sugar Cookies
Prepare Chocolate Sugar Cookie dough as directed. Roll in finely chopped nuts in place of sugar. Make an indentation in each ball; bake as directed. Microwave 1 package (14 ounces) KRAFT Caramels with 2 tablespoons milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH 3 minutes or until melted, stirring after 2 minutes. Fill centers of cookies with caramel mixture. Drizzle with melted BAKERS Semi-Sweet Chocolate.

I usually make them the plain way, roll in sugar and flatten with a glass.
Very tasty. icon_biggrin.gif

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 13

Here's my rolled chocolate cookie, Also I know these are for your child so you could leave out the liquor if you wanted. Have fun Baking today!
Melonie

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa (I used hersheys dark cocoa)
2 tsp Godiva chocolate liquor
1 tsp Kahula
1/2 tsp salt
1 c unsalted butter softened
1 c sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla

1. Sift cocoa and flour into a bowl, then add salt. set aside.
2. Cream butter (or margarine whichever you use) and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and liquors. Mix till well blended.
3. With mixer on low, add flour mixture gradually to the creamed mixture until the two are throughly blended. Roll your dough between two sheets of wax paper and chill for 30 mins.

Bake at 350 10-12 min depending on size and thickness
I can tell my are done by smell, you want them to be soft. These taste like a brownie.
Length of time is going to depend on the size of your cookie.

foxymomma521 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 13

Thank you ladies! I love rolled chocolate cookies icon_smile.gif
But, I think today the sugar cookie may win- I appreciate you taking the time to post!

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 13

I tried this one -- it tasted great. The dough was a little more difficult to work with than my usual sugar cookie recipe, I found metal cutters worked much better than plastic ones.

http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=5185&page=1&per=25&category_id=20&classics=1&CategoryPage=true#content_area

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 13

Now y'all have me itching to make chocolate cookies!! icon_lol.gif

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:14pm
post #9 of 13

These are our favorites. They are almost like a brownie texture and they spread out quite a bit. Because of that they make wonderful ice cream sandwich cookies too!!

Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies

1 1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla 2 eggs
2 cups white flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda. Beat well.
Blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 8 minutes

foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:52pm
post #10 of 13

I ended up making these... very yummy and similar to the recipe cherrycakes posted-
http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateCookies.html

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:17am
post #11 of 13

I'll have to check out all of the links provided so far, but the recipe I use is also really good. It is the "Dark Chocolate Rolled Sugar Cookies" found right here on CC. They taste really good and hold their shape very well. Since these will be for your little boy, I'd probably cut back on the amount of espresso powder to 1/4 or 1/2 tsp., as the cookies do have a slight "coffee" flavor to them. I made NFSC and this particular recipe for my little nephews for Valentine's Day, and was told that the boys went crazy over the chocolate cookies! If you have a chance check out some of my photos and you'll see how well the chocolate cookies hold their shape.
I hope your little one is enjoying his cookies icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:59am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles13

I'll have to check out all of the links provided so far, but the recipe I use is also really good. It is the "Dark Chocolate Rolled Sugar Cookies" found right here on CC. They taste really good and hold their shape very well. Since these will be for your little boy, I'd probably cut back on the amount of espresso powder to 1/4 or 1/2 tsp., as the cookies do have a slight "coffee" flavor to them. I made NFSC and this particular recipe for my little nephews for Valentine's Day, and was told that the boys went crazy over the chocolate cookies! If you have a chance check out some of my photos and you'll see how well the chocolate cookies hold their shape.
I hope your little one is enjoying his cookies icon_smile.gif

Those are my all time favorite cookies! I always cover them with fondant... YUM

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:40pm
post #13 of 13

YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%