Thanks To Michele Foster!

Decorating By sweetjan Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 5:15am by Sugarflowers

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 18

What a great way to start the day with Michele Foster's Updated Fondant recipe and instructions!
Thank you, Michele. It's so generous of you to share.
*Saw you on a Food Network re-run recently...you're a doll! thumbs_up.gif
Thanks again!

17 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 18

Yes, Thank you Michelle! I've made the white chocolate version and love, love, love it!! I'm making a bunch of cupcake toppers with it right now and it's a dream to work with.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 18

where can I find this "updated" recipe?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 18

Ooh...yes! I would love to have it too. Thanks!!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 18

The recipe is on the home page.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 18

Thanks!!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 18

What was Michele doing on Food Network? I missed it...

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 18

alright I must be blind...I can't find it! anyone have a link? please???

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #10 of 18

I am so excited too! I saw it as soon as I logged on. My favorite part was all the variations. Thanks Michele!!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:39pm
post #11 of 18

Yes, yes, yessssss, Michele rocks!!!!

Thank you Micheleeeee!! I can't wait to get home to try your recipeeeeee LOL icon_biggrin.gif

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:

icon_redface.gif thank you!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:42pm
post #13 of 18

That's awesome!! Thanks again!!

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:21pm
post #14 of 18

A question Michele, do you use regular whipping cream, or heavy cream in your updated version. Thanks, for posting it. I have only made it once but liked it very much, plan on using it on a Graduation cake. I have to make it black, do you recommend using gel coloring, or air brushing it to get black? Hate to ruin a whole batch trying to get the color black, I would normally have made the chocolate version and then colored it black, but it is for a carrot cake, and chocolate and carrot cake just plain don't go together.

Thanks again for the recipe.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #15 of 18

chilz822: (btw, love your avatar!!!!)......Michele was on an old Food Network cake challenge; I believe it was in Oklahoma. That re-run was on a couple of weeks ago. There were decorators there from all over the country; Kerri Vincent was the judge. The episode was a few years old.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKake

A question Michele, do you use regular whipping cream, or heavy cream in your updated version. Thanks, for posting it. I have only made it once but liked it very much, plan on using it on a Graduation cake. I have to make it black, do you recommend using gel coloring, or air brushing it to get black? Hate to ruin a whole batch trying to get the color black, I would normally have made the chocolate version and then colored it black, but it is for a carrot cake, and chocolate and carrot cake just plain don't go together.

Thanks again for the recipe.

Personally, I would airbrush it black. Black fondant can taste a little odd and takes a HUGE amount of color to make it black. Then it will probably cause the fondant to be too soft because of all of the glycerin in the black gel color. Air brushing will so much faster and easier.

I use heavy whipping cream but any kind of cream will work, as well as milk, 1/2 & 1/2, non-dairy creamer, etc. Just about any liquid can be used, except for liquor. This has too much alcohol and will evaporate. Liquor can be used to flavor the fondant though.

HTH

Michele

chilz822 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:16am
post #17 of 18

Rats, I'm sorry I missed the episode!
sweetjan, thanks... that's my 'best child and best friend', Buddy
icon_biggrin.gif

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #18 of 18

I just wanted to let you know that I had made a few mistakes on the updated recipe for the fondant. They have now been corrected. Although I could not delete the incorrect recipe, I have posted again with the name Michele Foster Fondant, MFF.

Corrections were also made to the information on the site: www.thesugarfixtoo.com. Just click on the FONDANT button for the updated (again) information. It would also be nice if you could look around the rest of the site to see if there is anything that you would like.

I do apologize for the mistakes and the confusion. With any luck at all, I have covered most of the questions. I really, really hope so. icon_redface.gif

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%