Woud You Trade Or Barter Cakes?

Decorating By jlsheik Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm by christeena

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #31 of 43

I think it's wonderful too! I'd love to find someone to do my website for cakes--I think I'll start asking!

jlsheik--how ironic that you're paying your dentist with sweets! Love it!

isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:25pm
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

isabow-I just have to tell you I think you Avatar is so funny. My DH and I just started watching that show, and it seems like every other episode he says that. icon_lol.gif

Thanks! My BF & I love House & watch it all the time!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #33 of 43

I definitely would barter or trade. As long as it's done in a business-like way and everyone has clear expectations of how it will work, it's good for everyone. I would love to make a wedding cake in exchange for a new website!

There was a thread about this a little while ago, but the search feature is doing that thing again, so I can't find it. Basically someone pointed out that to be strictly legal, you should pay tax on the amount that you would have made, had you actually sold the product, rather than traded it.

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:13am
post #34 of 43

I barter cakes for SHOES!!!!! People say I'm Imelda Marcos reincarnated.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:37am
post #35 of 43

I bartered with a local photographer. I gave her her daughters cake for free and she is going to take great pictures of my wedding show dummies....

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:39am
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaj

I think it's wonderful too! I'd love to find someone to do my website for cakes--I think I'll start asking!

jlsheik--how ironic that you're paying your dentist with sweets! Love it!

Well I do have to admit that I worked for him for 13 years...hurt my neck and had to find a new career...he says, I am still making people smile!!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:02am
post #37 of 43

Marina, Imelda is going to be surprised that she's been reincarnated because she's still alive!! She's 79.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #38 of 43

Wow this is so cool. my girlfriend told me she did it with her business. I wish someone would want to barter with me for a van.

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:53pm
post #39 of 43

OMG!!! I thought Imelda died years ago...I guess I thought that because I haven't heard anything about her in a looooooong time!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm
post #40 of 43

I bartered a grad cake in exchange for massages from my massage therapist! It was a heavenly exchange and several months of massages for this worn out waitress was absolutely worth it!! I've 4 years to go before their son graduates!! Drat!!

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm
post #41 of 43

I would do it in a second...if the Van checked out ok. I;ve bartered in the past and love doing it!
Once a friend offered to watch the kids from Friday night to Sunday evening so my wife and I could get away for the weekend. We have a set of 5yrd old twin boys and a 9yr old daughter.
All for a Birthday cake which included 30 cupcakes.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #42 of 43

I just bartered with my hairdresser for her wedding cake. I actually cake up with the idea. She is getting married sooner than she had planned due to her dads health and so money is tighter because of it. I said..." how about a barter?" and she said ...Heck ya!... So she is doing my hair cut and color two times plus cutting my hubby's hair twice for her cake. I am going to attempt Edna's Black and Red Topsy Turvy cake...

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #43 of 43

As of this morning, I'm in the process of bartering a wedding cake in exchange for guitar lessons for my son. The groom teaches guitar and money is tight for the bridal couple so we are striking up a deal! Have a local mechanic look at the van and if the title is free and clear - go for it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%