How Soon Can I Start Decorating

Decorating By Liz1951 Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 1:21pm by bashini

Liz1951 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:43am
post #1 of 4

I've read many hints/tips on freezing, but my question far in advance can I start decorating? For example...if I have several cake orders for Saturday, would Wednesday be too early to start decorating? I want the cake to be as fresh as possible. I'm sure there are many topics on this, but can't seem to find them when I need them. Thanks for any suggestions. Liz

3 replies
bashini Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:13am
post #2 of 4

Hi Liz, welcome to CC and congrads on your first post.

How many cakes are you going to do, Liz? If I have a few cakes to do, I would take them out from the freezer on Thursday and put them in the fridge with the wrapping (but some take the wrapping off). But you can keep them on the counter and let it come to room temperature. Then torte and fill and let them settle for few hours. I normaly torte and fill in the night and let them settle over night and do the decorations.

After few hours you can carry on covering them and decoarting them.

Liz1951 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, Bashini. It's just one of those crazy and hectic (but loads of fun) weekends with kids and grandkids and I was hoping to get a head start on the 2 cake orders I have. It always seems to work out, I just get a little "up tight" about it. haha I love the cc site. Thanks again for you help, Liz

bashini Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 4

No problem! Hope all goes well! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%