What Would You Charge?

Decorating By bride2B82209 Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 9:45pm by bkkimberly

bride2B82209 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 3

I just found this cake in the gallery of this site and fell in love with it!!! http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1238807

I am having a BBQ themed wedding late this summer and have been hunting for cake ideas. I was just curious what I might expect to pay for a cake like this. I'm looking for a cake that will serve approx 60-75 people. I live just outside of Detroit Mi but the wedding is going to be held in a rural area up north. So far every decorater I have talked to up north has told me they don't feel they are able to make a cake such at the one above icon_cry.gif so I may have to see about having it made down here and transported 3 hours away.

2 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #2 of 3

That cake is SOOO cute. Anyway, for 75 ppl. $487.50. It is quite complicated with the detail & especially the shape of the cake. I think that would be about $6.50 a serving. I start at $5.00 for carved cakes with a $100 minimum, and I think I'm on the low end. Good Luck. icon_smile.gif

bkkimberly Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 3

have you checked with JenniferMI, she does cakes in the upper part of michigan, I'm between Detroit and Ann Arbor, no lic. but do as a hobby, Kim B.....icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%