What Is Your Opinion On Fat Daddio's Pans?

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm by foxymomma521

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:43am
post #1 of 8

I thought I saw something once but I can't find it now. So do you have or did you have any Fat Daddio's pans? Do you love them or do you hate them? Do you have any reaon why you think they are great or terrible? If you hate them what is your favorite pan brand? Does your favorite brand change with different shaped pans? TIA!!!

7 replies
DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:02am
post #2 of 8

Seriously, you should do a search on this because there are a TON of rather contentious conversations about pans.

However, you asked for an opinion, so here's mine. I haven't tried Magic Line but I have tried Fat Daddio. I have one set of 9" FD rounds and I LOVE them!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:26am
post #3 of 8

They bake faster than other pans which can leave the edges over-baked. However, since I've begun using Bake Even strips there is no longer much difference from ML.

I do prefer the straight sides of ML square pans, though. But you can put FD square pans in the dishwasher... icon_rolleyes.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 8

I did try a search or two before posting I even spelled it wrong just incase and still didn't turn up anything..LOL maybe if I search just pans. Thank you for your insight and shareing what you think!

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #5 of 8

I love my FD pans. The cakes come out very nicely, no sticking. They do need to bake at a lower temperature. The only thing I don't care for is the square pans do not have sharp square corners, though this can be remedied by making square corners with the icing.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 8

I like them. I have not tried magic line so I can't compare then.
Ya just have to bake them on low temps and use a heating core. 3 nails in a half sheet did the trick for me.

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 8

I have Magic Line, reg Wilton, heavier Wilton, other, and Fat Daddio. I don't have any problem with the Fat Daddio's at all. I like them plus, I really like the price compared to Magic Line! I was more than happy to see them show up at my cake supply shop.

I don't have to bake at lower temps with mine, they seem to work just as well as the others. for me anyway..
As with all my pans, I don't put my FDs in the dishwasher for cleaning, I do that by hand.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 8

One more thing that may or may not matter to you- ML= made in USA
FD= made in China. Probably why there is a price difference. I prefer ML for that reason, but wish I could put them in the dishwasher like my FD's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%