Freezing A Top Tier Of Wedding Cake

Decorating By patticake1951 Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm by patticake1951

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 3

Does a fondant cake hold up good when you put it in the freezer? I was wondering how I should go about this. I am making a wedding cake in May, and I need to know how to tell the bride to store the top. Any advice would be helpful. TIA

2 replies
mommabeaver25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabeaver25 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 3

I don't know if this is the "correct" way but when I froze mine. I wrapped it once in wax paper then wrapped it in pastic wrap then wrapped it in alumumn(sp?) foil then finished it off by putting it in a air tight container. When we opened it up on our 1 yr anniversary and ate a bit of it, from what everyone told me I was expecting to taste something really gross but it tasted just like it did on our wedding day. And cause I'm a sentimental (sp?) person we wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer where to this day it still sits.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, I was also wondering if the fondant would freeze well until their anniversary. I made a small cake covered with fondant and put in the freezer a few days ago to take out a few weeks from now and see how it is holding up. I know our wedding cake was just as good on our 1 year, as it was that day, but it wasn't fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%