Need Recipe For Coconut Filling

Decorating By Mommy23 Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm by Mommy23

Mommy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy23 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:55am
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a WASC cake with coconut filling. I do not like coconut,lol, so I have never made a coconut filling. Does anyone have a really good recipe for one? I will be icing the cake with vanilla buttercream,if that makes a difference.

Thanks

4 replies
mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

I made a coconut filling for some cupcakes a while back, and it was really yummy!

1 small box INSTANT coconut pudding
1 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 8oz container of cool whip thawed in fridge for 4 hours

Mix first three ingredients well for a couple of minutes. Let stand for five minutes. Fold in cool whip by hand. Let stand on counter or in fridge for a bit and it will thicken up a little more. There's dried coconut in the instant pudding mix and letting it stand in the fridge for an hour or two not only keeps it creamy and thickens it, but the dried coconut also absorbs some fluid and plumps up. I kept the cupcakes for a few days on the counter, and they were fine. Filling was still good.

Very delicious! Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, I love coconut and have recently come across this recipe and it is to die for!!!!! Everyone raved about it. Really nice authentic taste.

* 2/3 cup sugar
* 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 1/4 cups coconut milk
* 2 x whole large eggs
* 2 x large egg yolks
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter
* 1 cup unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted

Cream Topping

* 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 tbsp skim milk powder
* 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted

For filling, stir sugar, cornstarch and salt together in a heavy-bottomed saucepot. Whisk in coconut milk, whole eggs and egg yolks. Heat custard on low heat, whisking constantly for 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium and continue whisking until custard thickens and becomes glossy, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Stir in vanilla, butter and coconut and stir until butter has melted.

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 5

yumm! pattycakes that sounds so good! I can't wait to try your recipe! I love coconut too! My new fav is key lime coconut.

Mommy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy23 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for the recipes. I will give one of them a try and hopefully they will like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%