What Is This? Help

Decorating By campbelland Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm by cylstrial

campbelland Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 8

Could anyone tell me what is used to cut the top of the fondant on this cake. Please help. Thanks, Sandy

7 replies
Deb_ Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 8

Maybe some sort of impression mat? It's kind of hard to see it, but that's what I think.

newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:18am
post #3 of 8

It looks like it was done with one of those frill cutters. Look at the cutter on the far right.

campbelland Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 8

Yes you are right!!! Where do I find those? Thanks so much for your help!!! Your wonderful. Sandy

Vylette Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 8

Ive seen those at Global Sugar Art, been wanting some of those myself!

newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 8

Glad to help, Sandy! I saw these on Global's website (see previous post). You can find them at lots of cake decorating places online. They're called frill cutters and there are several different kinds - the long ones like these and several different round ones.

The only reason I knew about this was because I just watched my new Nicholas Lodge DVD a couple weeks ago and he uses these. When I saw the picture of the cake it clicked that it was the same tool he'd used.

Happy caking!

campbelland Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm
post #7 of 8

Thank You Thank You so much. I found it and have it ordered. Sandy

cylstrial Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm
post #8 of 8

I've been seeing that design a lot recently. I'll have to get one of those, because they make super cute cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%