Red Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese

Decorating By blessed143 Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 12:33am by JanH

blessed143 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone! I'm new so please bear with me on my questions. I have 2 brides who wants to order a fondant red velvet w/ cream cheese filling.

How long can I keep this cake out to decorate? I usually bake wednesday, stack thursday decorate Friday for delivery on saturday. One wedding is in the day the other at night.

If I can't refrigerate it will it be ok sitting out. I also deal with humid weather so any suggestions would really help me out.

Thanks

1 reply
JanH Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #2 of 2

Some cream cheese frostings require refrigeration, other don't - it depends on the recipe.

If you have a perishable frosting, it should only be out for 2 hrs., then returned to refrigeration and thoroughly chilled. You can repeat this process as necessary to complete your decorating.

I'm not familiar with any cream cheese fillings that don't require refrigeration. So just follow the perishable frosting guidelines above.*

*Note: A cake with either perishable frosting/filling MUST be refrigerated unless being served (2 hr. serving window).

Not sure what your question is with regards to humid weather.

Everything you need to know to bake, assemble and decorate tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%