Joining Ices

Decorating By kentuckyjode Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 12:15am by AuntEm

kentuckyjode Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 19

Don't know if anyone can help me...I tried to join ICES on line 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten any confirmation from them or heard anything at all. I reaaly want to sign up for the convention and need my number to get the lower rate. I have emailed them twice about answer....has anyone else had this happen and does anyone have any advice on what to do? thanks!

18 replies
AuntEm Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 19

No I don't know what to do and yes it has happened to me.
I received a email from the membership directors daughter that said the membership directer is in the hospital and that she was trying to catch up on the memberships. So I don't know how long it will take. I'm sure she has a lot on her plate right now.
I'm in the same boat. I can't signup till I get the membership info either. In the mean time a lot of thing s are filling up.

JodieF Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 19

awww man.......that is NOT what I wanted to hear! I joined too, almost 2 weeks ago, so I could sign up for the conference! I wrote once, and got the response that she was behind. She didn't say anything about someone being in the hospital, not that I don't believe that. I've been trying to be patient but I was going to write again tonight. Once of the hands on classes I wanted is sold out now.

I hadn't been sure I'd be able to go, and now I can't even register!

AuntEm Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 19

She probably mentioned it to me because I "know" both of them I meet them at the Texas Convention and they are friends with my grandmother. I feel awful about it. I really don't want to bother her but on the other hand I REALLY would like to be able to sign up. I don't know how serious it is with her mother.

Chef_Stef Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:03pm
post #5 of 19

I signed up last year (for the Orlando conference, which I didn't get to, and even last year it took awhile and some reminder emails for me to get my number.

I didn't renew this year...

JodieF Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 19

You'd think if there was an issue where registrations were so far behind then somehow someone would be able to jump in to help get things caught up! I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to sound mean, but they did take the money from my account less than 12 hours later!

I'm just anxious. I'll never be able to travel far for a conference, and I can drive to this one. icon_cry.gif

krazyb5 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:14pm
post #7 of 19

I actually joined and never received any confirmation, however, I was able to register for some classes that were only for ICES members. Maybe you should send them an e-mail.

JodieF Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 19

I wrote again last night. No response so far. icon_sad.gif

AuntEm Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 19

I haven't got any response either. I contacted my grandma, she has been in ICES for over 20 years and knows a lot of the people that are high up. She gave me the names and contact info for some people that might be able to help I'll let you guys know if I find out anything.

LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:49am
post #10 of 19

Chef Stef what made you not rejoin? I've been considering joining myself so just looking for all the 411 I can get.

AuntEm Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:59pm
post #11 of 19

Here is what I found out.
Gail McMillan the membership secretary is ill in the hostpital I believe it is cancer. They are getting another secretary so in another day or so things should be working. Also I believe all the demos are still open but most of the hands-on-classes are full.

bizcocho Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm
post #12 of 19

Wow I'm saddened to hear that. I have been in contact several times with Gail McMilan regarding ICES or questions I have had and she has always been very cordial, helpful and quick to answer my emails. I will keep her in my prayers for healing and quick recovery.

AuntEm Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:36pm
post #13 of 19

I was asked to pass this contact information on
Here is the contact info for her name is Glenda (I don't know what her last name is) if you get in contact with her she should be able to help you. her email is

I also have her phone number but I don't really want to post that if you would like it PM me and I'll send it to you

Edited to say I'm not sure if this the secretary after all. Any way who ever it is she is in ICES and should be be to help. icon_lol.gif
I know what you mean I met her at the Texas Convention and she was So nice and helpful.

JodieF Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:45pm
post #14 of 19

Thank you so much AuntEm! I've written to Glenda. I hope all of us can meet at the Conference!

Edited to say that the email address is invalid. My mail was returned. icon_sad.gif

AuntEm Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm
post #15 of 19

Hmm maybe try taking the capital " C" out of the .Com? Let me know if that works. I'll PM you the phone numbers.

JodieF Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:58pm
post #16 of 19

AuntEm....I figured it out.....

It should be You left the t out. icon_biggrin.gif

I also searched for Aunt Glenda's Cakes and that was the address on her contact page.

Thanks again for checking into this!

AuntEm Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:04am
post #17 of 19

Ah Ha! detective.gif that does make more sense icon_lol.gif

icer101 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
post #18 of 19

her name is glenda galvez... and she is the president of ices as of last year.. is correct.. she is really nice.. met her several years ago at ices.. she has a great tape that shows her making roses her way and bows her way.. that is how she titles it.. hth

AuntEm Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:15am
post #19 of 19

OHH lol I thought it was funny because I knew "Glenda" Galvez was president. But the lady that sent me the info didn't say it was the President she just said to contact her if you were having trouble. So I thought it was the new secretary. Sorry for the irroneous information icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%