What Is Your Favorite Software Program For Cake Design And Y

Decorating By SugaredUp Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 11:51am by niccicola

SugaredUp Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to buy a cake designing program - not for me, I can sketch alright, but I really think that some brides-to-be are clueless and have a hard time envisioning what you are sketching or translating the sketch into a real image of a cake in their mind.

I have heard some good, mostly bad things about Wedding Cake Design Pro, which is what I was going to buy, so what other options are there?I'd like to get something for a show I'm doing in a week. I need something that is easy to use preferably.

What works for you?

4 replies
anabelz01 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:03am
post #2 of 5

Hi, I can't really help you on any other programmes but I have Wedding Design Pro and can't say I have ever actually used it, I bought it for the same reason as you are describing but it just isn't versatile enough for the cakes I am designing, by day I am a 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design Technician and am familiar with many aspects of design so luckily for me I can fall back and use some of the programmes I have at work. If you want more info on the Wedding Cake Design Pro please feel free to message me!

Dolcezza Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 5

I use Wedding Cake Design Pro to show basic images and shapes to brides. You're right, some people can't picture what they're cake will look like. As decent as I am at sketching, sometimes I can't kep up with all the "..hmmm I wonder what it will look like if the whole cake is green, with purple ribbon borders..... oh no wait, what about a PURPLE cake with Green ribbon, and maybe make one of the tiers square, or oval...." etc etc ad nauseum. This program gives you a quick image of the basic shape and colours of the cake.
As for design details, the software is limited and cumbersome to use, so I always sketch them out separately or print out a few copies of the almost finalized cake and draw right on that.

cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:40am
post #4 of 5

I really wish that someone would design a great cake program for cake designers. I don't know why someone isn't jumping on this, big time. They could make a TON of money!

niccicola Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:51am
post #5 of 5

I use publisher. This is my sister's wedding cake for her wedding in October.

Quote by @%username% on %date%