Ideas Needed, Please :o)

Decorating By kellertur Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 2:03am by GenGen

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 9

I need to make a birthday cake with an "Easter Theme" and that's it... she's left the design, decoration up to me. I'm not going the religious route, just Easter colors, etc. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Normally I'd be excited to have "artistic control", but this has me stumped and I'm not sure what to do. icon_confused.gif

It's only an 8" round... I'm open to lots of ideas, even photos. I've looked and I'm just overwhelmed. So many great cakes....

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

8 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 9

What about a basket with grass and Easter eggs in it?

Carved bunny or lamb?

Wilton sells and egg pan. Maybe that would work.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 9

Yea, I would do a sheet cake or somdthing like that with bunnies, eggs (jelly beans or you could make them) and put some "grass" (using the grass tip) around it. You can write "Hoppy Birthday" on it. hehe

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 9

If you do gumpaste/fondant figures, I think it would be cute to make a little bunny holding a birthday cake, then decorate the rest of the cake in easter colors. Maybe make the border look like Easter eggs or use a clean toothbrush to "speckle" the eggs with food coloring.

Now I want to make this cake! lol

Bec

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 9

That sounds so cute!!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:33am
post #8 of 9

Thank you everyone. icon_smile.gif I would love to do a fondant bunny except I've already quoted her for just buttercream. By the way, how much do you all charge for fondant accents and/or figures?

She said she wanted an 8" round with white BC and Easter colors... so I'm starting to have some idea where this could go.
I'm doing some quick watercolors to see how the colors work.
I'm fighting my natural predilection towards the abstract... but it's not my cake so we'll see what happens. icon_smile.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #9 of 9

i got a kick out of this one by : Maraschino

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%