Stringwork Experts, I Need You!

Decorating By cinderspritzer Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 4:04am by Gefion

cinderspritzer Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 4

I'm feeling particularly ambitious, and I want to try a cake with the royal icing rings that stand up on the edge of the cake and have the strings connecting them. They look like this: http://www.earlenescakes.com/specocsnimages/ringcake.jpg

I've got the basics of how to do it, from reading the lesson in Toba Garrett's Professional Cake Decorating book, and understand all of it up to the part of piping the shells to stand the rings up.

My question is, when it's all said and done and they're standing up between the shells... How far apart are they supposed to be?

3 replies
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4

It's really up to you. You can space closely at about 1/2" or farther out at about 1". I personally wouldn't make them closer or farther apart than that.

cinderspritzer Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah, I was thinking about an inch apart would be the best, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

Gefion Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:04am
post #4 of 4

In the Bible... sorry, in the Lambeth book (same thing in my house icon_lol.gif ) the rings are just a tad less than 3/4 inch apart. One ring between each shell.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%