Environmental Checks In The Uk

Business By jdconcc Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 11:52am by jdconcc

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 4

Hi

I'm a registered baker in the Uk and have just received a call from Environmental Health as they are coming out to do my first visit on Thursday and I'm STRESSED! I've done my food hygiene course so I know a few things but I was wondering if any of you have gone through this and know what they are looking for or any particular problem areas???

Any hints and tips will be most appreciated, I just don't want to fall flat on my face and I'll have the added stress of having my dd there who is only 19 months (my business only 'exists' at night when they both in bed).

Thanks
Claire

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 4

im afraid i dont have any advice for you - other than do what im sure is your normal practice, and keep things clean. i guess the normal food problem is cross contamination, so be prepared with an answer as to how you avoid it!
i am also hoping you can tell me how you went about getting registered - im in a general thinking about it stage, and none of the websites ive been on tell you how to go about it, im not yet wanting to start phoning around. thank you!
xx

jdconcc Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks princess b, I'm just nervous. I ring my local environmental health department and they sent the paperwork out. I'm just quite surprised to get a visit so soon, I thought I'd be classed as fairly low risk. I also did a food hygiene course and got insurance, so fingers crossed.

I'll post afterwards and let you know.

Just noticed I'm now a junior member yipee
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
xxx

jdconcc Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:52am
post #4 of 4

Hi
Just to let you know I have just been inspected and passed with flying colours!!! It was absolutely fine, just lots of questions while he filled in a form and then he checked my fridge and cupboards.

If anyone wants anymore detail just let me know.

I am sooooo happy icon_biggrin.gif

xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%