Tylose Powder In Toronto Or London?

Decorating By luv2c_cultures Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm by gerripje

luv2c_cultures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2c_cultures Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 19

Does anyone know where I could get Tylose powder in Toronto or London? I will be heading to downtown Toronto this week and thought it would be great if I could stop by a shop and buy it there.
Thanks!

18 replies
Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 19

Oh, I wish I was in that area. Because I would go to Mississauga and go to Golda's Kitchen!!! She has on online store that I purchase from goldaskitchen.com. That is where I buy my Tylose powder.
Good news is Mississauga is not far from Toronto thumbs_up.gif

HTH

mmelyss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmelyss Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_Kake

Oh, I wish I was in that area. Because I would go to Mississauga and go to Golda's Kitchen!!! She has on online store that I purchase from goldaskitchen.com. That is where I buy my Tylose powder.
Good news is Mississauga is not far from Toronto thumbs_up.gif

HTH

same here!!

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 19

Unfortuneatly,there is no cake supply store in London icon_cry.gif . Toronto,Golda's sounds like your best bet. McCalls Warehouse is a great place and great prices,but costs $25.00 for membership.

luv2c_cultures Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #5 of 19

Thanks for your replies. If I had a car I would have gone to Mississauga...but unfortunately I was traveling by train. icon_cry.gif I guess I will have to resort to online shopping...was just trying to save myself the shipping costs!

Is there anything else that I could use instead of tylose powder that I could find more readily?

ncbert...noticed you live in London...me too! icon_smile.gif Wasn't expecting people on here from London. icon_smile.gif But I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised seeing that there are people from all over the world here!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #6 of 19

What about gum tragacanth? I guess you'd have to order that too.

Wilton has their gum paste can...would that work for you?

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #7 of 19

Have you tried the Wilton Gum-Tex? I'm sure Michael's carries it and you could get one with a coupon and give it a try.

luv2c_cultures Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:45am
post #8 of 19

Thanks! I'll give that a try!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 19

You can also try Geraldine Randlesome. I believe she has a shop you can go into and buy. She's in Toronto. Look up www.creativecutters.com.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 19

McCalls also has a retail store. Check www.mccalls.ca and click on store.
Prices are better than other locations. I bought some last week at the warehouse and it was around $21 for a large container. It was not listed in their catologue so call or email for info.

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:00pm
post #11 of 19

I buy from Golda's on a regular basis and her shipping prices are super reasonable. When you click on your order it gives you a shipping cost right away if you scroll down. I found her Tylose price really good too. I usually wait until I need a few things and order all at once. They ship your order pretty much immediately, I recieved mine within 24 hours of ordering! It's great for my cake shopping addiction...not so good for the bank account. icon_wink.gif

luv2c_cultures Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #12 of 19

Well it looks like Golda's won't be carrying tylose powder anymore icon_sad.gif Just as I was about to order it too! Anyone know where else I could buy it in Canada without having to pay customs fees?

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

You can also try Geraldine Randlesome. I believe she has a shop you can go into and buy. She's in Toronto. Look up www.creativecutters.com.

I just bought some here today. They have gum trag and CMC (tylose). Give them a try.

luv2c_cultures Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:18am
post #14 of 19

Thank you!

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #15 of 19

McCalls carries it...at the store..I picked some up last week.

They are at Bloor and Kipling (get off at the Kipling Subway station)

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #16 of 19

you can also try klara johnsons school of cake decorating. she has a store also. not too sure if you will be near to her.

www.klarajohnsons.com

her info is there.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:22am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2c_cultures

Well it looks like Golda's won't be carrying tylose powder anymore icon_sad.gif Just as I was about to order it too! Anyone know where else I could buy it in Canada without having to pay customs fees?

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif What!! Oh no, I wonder why. That's too bad, I'll end up not ordering anything from them anymore if I have to get it somewhere else. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #18 of 19

Ok, calm down people! I contacted Golda's Kitchen and the tylose powder is currently on back order. She has a masterpack of 144 units expected within the next few weeks.
I was a little scared myself when I heard you guys talking about her not having tylose powder anymore. Golda is very good if you have any questions, she will email you back right away. I will continue to do my business there as I am very happy with the service!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm
post #19 of 19

Pheww!! Calming down now. That's good, I really like how fast I get everything from there hassle free. I was dreading finding somewhere else!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%