Tylose Powder In Toronto Or London?

Decorating By luv2c_cultures Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm by gerripje

luv2c_cultures Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 19

Does anyone know where I could get Tylose powder in Toronto or London? I will be heading to downtown Toronto this week and thought it would be great if I could stop by a shop and buy it there.
Thanks!

18 replies
Kerry_Kake Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 19

Oh, I wish I was in that area. Because I would go to Mississauga and go to Golda's Kitchen!!! She has on online store that I purchase from goldaskitchen.com. That is where I buy my Tylose powder.
Good news is Mississauga is not far from Toronto thumbs_up.gif

HTH

mmelyss Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_Kake

Oh, I wish I was in that area. Because I would go to Mississauga and go to Golda's Kitchen!!! She has on online store that I purchase from goldaskitchen.com. That is where I buy my Tylose powder.
Good news is Mississauga is not far from Toronto thumbs_up.gif

HTH

same here!!

ncbert Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 19

Unfortuneatly,there is no cake supply store in London icon_cry.gif . Toronto,Golda's sounds like your best bet. McCalls Warehouse is a great place and great prices,but costs $25.00 for membership.

luv2c_cultures Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #5 of 19

Thanks for your replies. If I had a car I would have gone to Mississauga...but unfortunately I was traveling by train. icon_cry.gif I guess I will have to resort to online shopping...was just trying to save myself the shipping costs!

Is there anything else that I could use instead of tylose powder that I could find more readily?

ncbert...noticed you live in London...me too! icon_smile.gif Wasn't expecting people on here from London. icon_smile.gif But I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised seeing that there are people from all over the world here!

pastryjen Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #6 of 19

What about gum tragacanth? I guess you'd have to order that too.

Wilton has their gum paste can...would that work for you?

xstitcher Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #7 of 19

Have you tried the Wilton Gum-Tex? I'm sure Michael's carries it and you could get one with a coupon and give it a try.

luv2c_cultures Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:45am
post #8 of 19

Thanks! I'll give that a try!

chelleb1974 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 19

You can also try Geraldine Randlesome. I believe she has a shop you can go into and buy. She's in Toronto. Look up www.creativecutters.com.

dsilvest Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 19

McCalls also has a retail store. Check www.mccalls.ca and click on store.
Prices are better than other locations. I bought some last week at the warehouse and it was around $21 for a large container. It was not listed in their catologue so call or email for info.

alanaj Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:00pm
post #11 of 19

I buy from Golda's on a regular basis and her shipping prices are super reasonable. When you click on your order it gives you a shipping cost right away if you scroll down. I found her Tylose price really good too. I usually wait until I need a few things and order all at once. They ship your order pretty much immediately, I recieved mine within 24 hours of ordering! It's great for my cake shopping addiction...not so good for the bank account. icon_wink.gif

luv2c_cultures Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #12 of 19

Well it looks like Golda's won't be carrying tylose powder anymore icon_sad.gif Just as I was about to order it too! Anyone know where else I could buy it in Canada without having to pay customs fees?

pastryjen Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

You can also try Geraldine Randlesome. I believe she has a shop you can go into and buy. She's in Toronto. Look up www.creativecutters.com.

I just bought some here today. They have gum trag and CMC (tylose). Give them a try.

luv2c_cultures Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:18am
post #14 of 19

Thank you!

dolcebaci Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #15 of 19

McCalls carries it...at the store..I picked some up last week.

They are at Bloor and Kipling (get off at the Kipling Subway station)

kjgjam22 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #16 of 19

you can also try klara johnsons school of cake decorating. she has a store also. not too sure if you will be near to her.

www.klarajohnsons.com

her info is there.

gerripje Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:22am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2c_cultures

Well it looks like Golda's won't be carrying tylose powder anymore icon_sad.gif Just as I was about to order it too! Anyone know where else I could buy it in Canada without having to pay customs fees?

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif What!! Oh no, I wonder why. That's too bad, I'll end up not ordering anything from them anymore if I have to get it somewhere else. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Kerry_Kake Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #18 of 19

Ok, calm down people! I contacted Golda's Kitchen and the tylose powder is currently on back order. She has a masterpack of 144 units expected within the next few weeks.
I was a little scared myself when I heard you guys talking about her not having tylose powder anymore. Golda is very good if you have any questions, she will email you back right away. I will continue to do my business there as I am very happy with the service!

gerripje Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm
post #19 of 19

Pheww!! Calming down now. That's good, I really like how fast I get everything from there hassle free. I was dreading finding somewhere else!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%