How Old Are You In "cookie" Years?

Baking By sunnigirl Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 3:05am by BakeLoveMom

sunnigirl Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 12

I feel like I am a 18 month old, icon_lol.gif just beginning to walk and wanting to go everywhere. If it had not been for Cake Central, I would still be a newborn. I have grown so much in cookie years since I found this website. Discovered the joys of finding recipes that actually do what you want them to do. I just need to clone myself so I can go to work and be at home working on cookies at the same time. I have so much more growing up to do. I need to learn how to shrink wrap, heat seal, set up a printer to print food grade lettering and designs, stencil cookies, so much to do and so little time. Thank goodness when I do get to those baby steps I have CC. Addicted? Definitely!!! OCD Probably! Happy? Anytime I can be in the kitchen with my cookies. icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
cindy58 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 12

Well, my newborn eyes are open now that I've found this forum!

sunnigirl, I have a Golden Retriever too. She is 12.5, a whitey faced dark red Golden. My hair and her fur nearly match. She parks her big self in the middle of the kitchen or next to my chair and supervises everything I do.

KitchenKat Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 12

I feel like a teenager. Have the basics but needs loads of practice. I may feel like a grown up but I sure aint one yet.

I have a yellow Labrador Retriever. Not the same as your golden but close enough. Her name is Martha Oliver Lawson after the 3 cooking icons. Like your dogs she's my kitchen supervisor too. One of my boys just recently pointed out that almost all of Martha's photos are of her lounging in the corner between the dishwasher and the pot drawer.

cindy58 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 12

Hey, at least Martha hangs out in the corner -- Goldie likes the middle of the floor, in front of the dishwasher, or in the doorway. You can't miss her!

lizamlin Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 12

hmmmmmm - maybe I'm 5 in cookie yrs - I have so many toys to play with and want even more!!

cookiemookie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 12

hmmmmmm - maybe I'm 5 in cookie yrs - I have so many toys to play with and want even more!!

Me too!

I feel like I am just scratching the surface.

Hey I just noticed you are near my part of the world!

Pat317 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:21am
post #7 of 12

I'm still in diapers. I'm just learning everything.....but I do have a lot of new toys I'm learning to play with. I'm also hooked on cookie cutters. I'm embarrassed to say how many I have, being just a beginner.

lizamlin Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #8 of 12

cookiemookie did you mean me? What neck of the woods are you?

cookiemookie Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:40am
post #9 of 12

I'm in Muskego!

Both my girls went to St Aloysius School years ago.

Twopeasinapod Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #10 of 12

I too would be embrassed to tell anyone how many cookie cutters I have considering I do this as a hobby and have only been doing it since Christmas! icon_redface.gif

I can't pass up cookie cutters and I am still a toddler!!!!

Oh, yeah, TOTAL addiction!! icon_redface.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:45am
post #11 of 12

I too am in diapers. I have made nfsc, but I didn't ice them. I take a lot of baby stapes!

BakeLoveMom Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #12 of 12

I am a baby for sure, I took my first cake class Feb. 08, now I have completed all 4 and can teach. My first dabble in cookies was at Christmas time, I just love them. I too have become addicted to the unique cutters out hubby saw me looking in the cookie gallery and he said, "Oh, *hit...I think I am in trouble." I just smiled. Now I push people to order cookies so I can try out my new cutters. Just did my first baby ones and I loved them. Thanks CC

Quote by @%username% on %date%