10 Inch Round Cake

Decorating By Cakeonista Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm by Cakeonista

Cakeonista Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering if anyone could give me their view on this, I've only been making cakes for under a year and I am always giving people more cake than what the charts call for only because I feel like a lot of people here on cc that the serving sizes are too small. Afterwards I always here from my customers that they had plenty of cake and a plenty left over.......so I am finally realizing maybe these charts are more accurate than I give them credit for. Now, I get another order for this week-end for a child's party for 30 and I see a 10 inch cake and again I am doubting the size?!?!?! What's wrong with me? Sorry if this seems like a stupid topic but can anyone reassure me that a 10 inch torted with 2 fillings is enough for 30?

5 replies
KookieKris Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 6

According to the size chart I go by for my cakes (I found somewhere here on CC), my 10 inch 2 layer round serves 25-30. I think you should be fine!

Good Luck with your cake! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 6

A 10x4" round will serve up to 34-39(?) slices 1x2x4.
This is the same amount of cake as a 2x2x2 cubeicon_smile.gif

There are NO stupid/dumb ?s. If you don't know the answer someone probably will be able to help you figure it out icon_smile.gif

You are safe with a 2 layer 10" round icon_smile.gif Besides, if they find it is not enough cake then the next time they order they will request a bigger one.......more money for you icon_smile.gif

cuteums Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 6

I had a 6" and an 8" cake feed 30-40 with leftovers. I found a lot of people asking me for a smaller piece. I was cutting pieces in half.
I used the wilton party chart

brandywinecakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 6

This is not a dumb question at all! I'm in the same position as you are. I always make too much cake. I, too, have a cake to make for this weekend to feed 30 and according to Earlene's chart a 10" round should work, so that's what I'm going with. I've got my fingers crossed that I don't run out of cake. I'll keep my toes crossed for you!

Cakeonista Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you sooo much!! I can always count on my fellow cc'ers to make me feel better about things and to give me honest answers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%