Anyone See Sams Cute 5" Cakes W/10 Cuppies?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 11:53am by cakedoll

cocobean Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:46am
post #1 of 5

I saw a new booklet from Sams Club. They had the cutest 5" cakes with 10 matching cupcakes, $9.99. I would be very tempted to buy them. How could you beat that price? I think their cakes taste good. The cuteness factor is right up there. They also had some darling cupcakes with beautiful butterflys on them. Those cupcakes were .40 ea. It didn't look like they were plastic butterflys either. Couldn't tell what they were made out of. Those looked very tempting to. How can you compete with cuteness and .40 price? Anyone else tempted? icon_surprised.gif

4 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:01am
post #2 of 5

the difference between a magazine and the actual product you get may differ.... see cakewrecks... lol.

still a great deal if it matches your theme.

not every occasion needs a 500 $ cake...

buttercreamdreams Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:35am
post #3 of 5

I saw that today. They are cute and it is surely something to add to our list of items to sell but the cake quality is still in question. Cute as a button sure but how does it taste? I agree with Rocketgirl899...cakewrecks is a wonderful reference.

JanH Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:05am
post #4 of 5

I saw those the last time I was at Sam's. They were definitely cute, but I generally find Costco's cakes to be more moist. (Although the one for my niece's shower was just awful... dry, no filling on the end pieces and the frosting tasted like sweet shortening.)

But the little Sam's cake would be great for a small child's birthday, with the cupcakes being perfectly cute (controlled) portions.

cakedoll Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:53am
post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by Rocketgirl899

the difference between a magazine and the actual product you get may differ.... see cakewrecks... lol.

That's too funny...I was thinking the same thing. Our Sam's here leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to decorating; Colored icing bleeding into white, colored poo baloons, sliding icing.

But for $9.99 and a small kids party, you can't beat it.

Years ago I bought a cake at a different grocery store for my daughter's birthday that was so freezer burned, the kids wouldn't even eat it. That's pretty bad. I took back the uneaten cake, including the cut pieces with 1 or 2 bites out of them, and they did refund my money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%