Real Flowers On Cake

Decorating By lendler Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 12:13am by Goonergirl

lendler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lendler Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a wedding cake, and the bride wants real flowers on the cake. How do I know what size cakes to do if I won't see the flowers until the day of the wedding? Also, how do you insert the flowers into the cake, do you insert the stems into the cake without covering them for protection?

3 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 4

You don't need to know the size of the flowers I believe, but what the brides needs to know is that flowers can be toxic so she has to be very careful of what she chooses. As for how to place them in the cake you can put the stems in stirrers that you insert into the cake. If no stems you can place them on a clear plastic circle then place that on the cake.

hth

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 4

The size of the cakes is decided by how many guests are expected to be served.
I never put real flowers on cake. If that is what a bride wants, it is up to her to get a florist to do it.

Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:13am
post #4 of 4

Why not work WITH the florist? I have a florist who is willing to work with the bride and myself to create the perfect cake, so there are no surprises and we are all "on the same page" so to speak. Why not get the name of the florist and give them a call?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%