Fondarific Fondant

Decorating By slimkim Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm by AlanT

slimkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slimkim Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 15

Will you be carrying the Fondarific Fondant soon. I keep hearing how great it is.

14 replies
pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 15

I tried samples this weekend... tastes like starbursts!!! The only draw back is that the colors match the flavors... I wanted orange flavored, which is orange, for a cake that I need to do in blue. icon_sad.gif

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 15

I'm assuming you tried it at NCACS this weekend? Gosh I tried it too and it was AMAZING! I mean I actually WANTED to eat it. I took some samples home and munched on them after dinner.. lol.

The buttercream flavor is delicious! And the fruit flavors would be good for cookie or cupcake decorations (imo)!

I hope GSA starts carrying it!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 15

Yep... that's where I tried it. By the time I got to shopping (I took classes all day on Sat and until 12:30 on Sunday), they were practically sold out!

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 15

I have tried this product and the taste is great. However, the cost of the product is high and I found it very difficult to work with. Any feedback from decorators who used it is appreciated. These are the questions I have:

1. Can you roll large pieces and cover large cakes?
2. Can you mold with it?
3. Can you make drapes, bows, pearls, lace pieces, etc?
4. Does it crack easily?
I wait to hear from all of you. Alan

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 15

I purchased samples online and they are delicious. Sorry, I have not actually worked with it.

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 15

Mariela_ms where did you purchase the samples and about how much did it cost. (if you don't mind me asking)

Thank you.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 15

You can go to their website. Here is the link! It was like a bit over 6 dlls for mine. They send you this little baggies of fondant. They sent me strawberry, lemon (both taste so good like starburst), vanilla, buttercream and chocolate.

http://www.fondarific.com/shoppingcart.php

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:45pm
post #9 of 15

I just tried using some I bought and came here to see what other people thought.

I may not be doing something right, but I found it hard to work with. It rolls out real nice at first but I couldn't get it as thin as I wanted - it started to feather and tear. Also, the more I rolled, the more it felt greasy, like rolled bc. Released find from my mat but did not drape very well and I wasn't able to get all the creases out for a smooth finish. My final thought was, this will work fine for cookies but I won't use it again on a cake.

If anyone has any tips, please share. The flavors are amazing but my results so far and turning me back to Satin Ice.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 15

I use Fondarfic. I like it and work with it until I get what I need. I have also mixed it with Satin Ice and Fondx. I only use the butter cream and the chocolate.

I used the chocolate on the enchanted tree and the sunkin' treasure ship. I also used the butter cream with the chocolate to make my giraffe cake. I've had nothing but excellent comments from my customers. I like to use these 3 different brands and it depends what I'm doing for which one I choose at that time.

I have even used it on wedding designs (not posted on cc) and the bride loved it as well.

Every one is different and has to figure out what works best for "them" and do it.

Toni

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm
post #11 of 15

I don't know if paying for flavored fondant is worth it.. especially since I could do it myself... the whole "same color as flavor" could be a problem!!! But they would be fun to try for a kids cake

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:56pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritswife

I use Fondarfic. I like it and work with it until I get what I need. I have also mixed it with and Fondx. I only use the butter cream and the chocolate.

I used the chocolate on the enchanted tree and the sunkin' treasure ship. I also used the butter cream with the chocolate to make my giraffe cake. I've had nothing but excellent comments from my customers. I like to use these 3 different brands and it depends what I'm doing for which one I choose at that time.

I have even used it on wedding designs (not posted on cc) and the bride loved it as well.

Every one is different and has to figure out what works best for "them" and do it.

Toni

Any tips you can share with me? How long do you knead it. I'm sure my results are more user error than product problem so PLEASE share your knowledge! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:06pm
post #13 of 15

I was just looking to post this same question! I really hope GSA starts selling it, since Ive heard nothing but good about it!

I also wanted to thank Alan for being a great owner and not supplying something he doesnt think is a good product!
That being said, i heard nothing but good about this product... but I have heard that the vanilla & buttercream flavors are better for covering an entire cake and the colored are better for accent since they dont roll out/transfer as well. Also heard the colored are not good for things like ropes because they are too stretchy, that it doesnt really crack and dry out like satin ice... Hope this helps, and one again this is all hearsay... and cant wait to try it from GSA when its carried!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:15pm
post #14 of 15

I used it on cookies, so the rolling out to the size I needed wasn't a problem. I did notice after it sat for a while instead of getting a little stiff like regular fondant it became a bit sticky. And the price is too high to buy enough for cakes on a regular basis. And although you can flavor and color your own, these colors and flavors are intense - you might not get that by mixing your own (and maybe you would - I haven't tried home made yet).

Well, there is my 2 cents worth icon_biggrin.gif

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #15 of 15

Fondarific is now in stock at GSA. Wonderful flavors! Alan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%