Colour Scheme

Decorating By bengals Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm by tx_cupcake

bengals Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all, I am doing my first 3 tier cake next month for a 21st and i am planning on keeping the 3 tiers white with champagne glasses going around the bottom tier,champagne bottles going around the top tier and script 21's sprinkled all over the middle tier.

What colour do i do the 21's and the topper? the champagne bottles will be made to look like moet and the glasses will be white with ivory to look like champagne.

I am really struggling with the colour on this should i make the tiers another coulour instead of white?

I'm over thinking this and have gone blank with no ideas at all please help

5 replies
tx_cupcake Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 6

For some reason when I was reading your post, I imagined a cake done all in champagne, ivory and black, with the champagne as the backdrop for everything.

I don't know if you're trying to go with a classier color combo or not, but I think it would be really pretty if you had all three tiers done in a sparkly champagne, with ivory glasses and black script "21"s. It would be just monotone enough for the black to pop.

bengals Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 6

sparkly champagne sounds great but i don't know how to achieve this look can you help?

tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 6

If you are using fondant, you can just color the fondant as usual then brush super pearl dust over the whole cake to give it shimmer. I use a "mop" brush to apply the pearl dust to my cakes:

bengals Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 6

great thanks for all your help icon_smile.gif

tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

Glad to do it! Be sure to post a pic! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%